Dilemma - Which to keep
10-07-2011 06:42 PM
- Hey guys, so long story short I have 2 epic touch 4gs. I pretty much thought I had a faulty model, because my phone would sometimes drop the wifi connection, or I had an ocassion where it got overly hot while charging, and of course your average abysmal data speeds due to the sprint network, roaming, etc.
So I got a replacement sent out, and although the replacement seems to have better radios (not too sure, i always get more bars on this new one though, lower dbm in the signal meter, slightly higher speeds.. i still roam on this one though) it has a whole mess of other issues. For one, the screen is discolored, its as if everything has a red tint over it, and its very obvious when you turn the brightness down. Another issue is, whenever I wake the phone up, itll sometimes get these vertical streaks before starting up, it also seems to be a bit slower at waking up, etc.
so I just dont know which to keep. like i said, this new one has better radios, seemingly better battery life, but the screen issues and the vertical streaks i get whenever i turn it on are very annoying.10-04-2011 07:36 PM
- rlanza1054Samsung - SPH-D710Call and complain that the new one they sent although fix ed your original issue, out came with other issues that are even worse!
I remember when I had to get a replacement from insurance, a note inside said to call immediately if the replacement they sent is defective well.
I don't have any of the issues you both talk about.
I once had the screen go to this yellow color, I pulled the battery and that fixed the problem.
You have paid a lot of money to accept this great phone with the issues you described.
Remember, replacement phones are usually refurbished phones.
I know from owning a Pre that you can look at the phone details and it will let you know if it is a refurbished unit There was a 'R' next in one of the fields.
Of course being a newbie to Android, I don't know if that info is available on this OS and phone.
I'm going to check out out myself.
But again call, all they can say is no!
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk10-05-2011 12:20 AM
- i agree! i dont think its fair that i choose between one of the lesser evils, the phone should just work. this new one has all these screen issues, the old one had ridiculous radio issues, i just want one that works, period.
i called in as soon as i noticed the issue but they said the best they could do is send me a refurbished used model, and that i might have to pay a deductible since this would be my 3rd exchange (went from evo 3d, to epic 4g touch with radio issues, to this new epic 4g touch with screen issues)10-05-2011 10:32 AM
- What is an ESN swap?
I have already returned the old epic 4g touch with the radio issues, got a call / reminder via email and was told that if I didnt return within 10 days of receiving this new one (with the screen issues) i might get charged. so the only one in my posession is this new one with screen issues :/
.. and if it helps I have the TEP protection, but again, they said the best they could do for this 3rd swap is a refurbished used model.. which i think is totally unfair.10-05-2011 01:22 PM
- an update.. called up sprint today, still a no-go. Since i started with my evo back in august, im way past the 30 day exchange period, the best they can do is a refurb model from the sprint store, sucks...
i was also told that in all the exchanges, i guess someone CREDITED me for one of them on mistake, so i was given a credit of 200+ for the phone, in other words, getting the phone for free. Of course when I called in the error was noticed, so now I owe a balance of 200, plus my regular bill. basically the amount i paid for the evo months ago was refunded back to me, and now i gotta pay it back lol. if for whatever reason i wouldve checked my acct prior to calling, i couldve possibly held on to the 200! bah
i dont care about that though, im not trying to cheat sprint, i just want a working, NEW phone, not some refurb model.10-06-2011 02:17 AM
- rlanza1054Samsung - SPH-D710You are calling Sprint and of course they are sending you to the insurance company and you are getting refurbished units.
First, your phone is under a 'one year warranty', it does not need to go thru the insurance thing.
Bring your phone in person to a Sprint store (not an authorized dealer) a real Sprint store that has technician services. Explain to them what has happened, and tell then you want a 'REPLACEMENT'.
Then I would also make a complaint to Samsung themselves, try calling their support.
But bring the phone directly to the Store. When we had WebOS Pre's that's what we usually did and they immediately swapped out the phone for us as long as they can see the problem and make sure you did not cause the issue.
Rob10-07-2011 06:42 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Dilemma - Which to keep
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD