stock contact icons different colors or appear to be .....

stephanie85

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Are the contact icons the stock head thingy suppose to be different colors? It looks like some of my contacts are light red , blue or green ....thanks if anyone can shed some light on this for me

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I've experienced the same, but am not sure what the cause is. I always just assumed that it was because the contacts were being synched from different accounts (Google, Yahoo, AOL, etc, etc) but I could be wrong. But yes, like you, I see some that are blue, green, and yellow / orange...

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Nothing in the manual about it, and I haven't been able to determine any type of pattern with the colors. I think it's totally random to break up the monotony of the contacts list or something.

jacief

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yep, especially as you're scrolling through, the different colors help your eyes track what's going on.

Twould be nice if they gave you an option to change colors (or color code by which groups people belong to). Guess you can sort of do that by manually associating a pic with each contact, but most of us don't have color-coded neutral pics handy.

veggiepig34

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Nothing in the manual about it, and I haven't been able to determine any type of pattern with the colors. I think it's totally random to break up the monotony of the contacts list or something.

I can't add a contact photo to the brown-ish ones. I don't know what everyone has, but the ones I do know have iphones. So I can't add pics for iPhone contacts, it seems..

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
The varying colors of the contacts is not random on my phone (Galaxy S5).
Each time I add a contact it selects the next color in the sequence...
Blue, Green, Orange, Orange
Blue, Green, Orange, Orange...

It just looks untidy in the Contacts list, and I see no way of changing it - apart from adding a contact a few times until it's the color you want, and deleting the unwanted ones. You could also create some simple color pictures to assign to each profile picture (if you don't have their photo)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon