First experience w/ the phone in the rain, and it sucks

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Dunno what to tell you. The rain may be wreaking havoc on your nearest cell tower. It's raining here this morning as well and my data is fine. Then again, when it rains here in San Diego its practically apocalypse so I'm used to the rain causing problems (mostly nutso drivers).

nikeairs23

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Dunno what to tell you. The rain may be wreaking havoc on your nearest cell tower. It's raining here this morning as well and my data is fine. Then again, when it rains here in San Diego its practically apocalypse so I'm used to the rain causing problems (mostly nutso drivers).

I'm in Long Beach. It was really frustrating. I just turned it off.

Beercow

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I live in Oregon and have never had extreme problems with rain. It might seem like it slows my 3G connection, but it has never killed my connection completely.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I was in Florida a couple of weeks ago and it rained quite a bit. I didn't have any issues with my phone. I didn't look at the signal strength. Maybe I was closer to a tower.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
The problem with you phone is that it has a very poorly built antenna..Anyone that is having problems with connectivity is having those problems because the phone is not connecting to towers right away..Its a poor and slow phone when dealing with anything having to use the internet.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The problem with you phone is that it has a very poorly built antenna..Anyone that is having problems with connectivity is having those problems because the phone is not connecting to towers right away..Its a poor and slow phone when dealing with anything having to use the internet.

For some. Not for me, and many others.

E4GT + Sprint in certain areas = win

E4GT + Sprint in certain areas = fail

Understand?

I respect your campaign to get Samsung and Sprint to do something about the problem this phone is having with voice and data signals in SOME areas, but please stop making it sound like this is a problem for everyone. I know that hurts your campaign, but let's be fair here.

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

Seriously it's not that bad, for you to post signal everytime! Otherwise you'd be dating "photon" Lol You really like the phone & are disappointed that your having a few signal issues, however the phones other qualities including signal are so powerful, sexy, untouchable, & unmatched by any other device right now that you can't bring yourself to use that unattractive Photon even if it doesn't ever drop under full bars! Lol you know you love Sgs2 so much you'll sacrifice that signall. Again your in love with sgs2, but you can't figure out how? & it hasn't even been 30 day yet?

Long story short" you love this phone", it's got you sprung, so stop complaining about your marriage partner "sgs2" & wait for some counseling "update"!!!

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

I have to strongly disagree. Where I live in M A, Sprints internet speeds are up and down but the ET4G has the same speeds / signal strength on 3G, 4G and WIFI as an Epic 4G and an EVO 4G which are all in our family. The phone dBm levels are a bit lower but I haven't lost any calls, run into any issues with any static, etc.