Random reboot

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
anyone else experiencing random reboots? I have had two in the last 3 days. The first time it happened all my home screens were changed. I thought the phone did a factory restore or something, but I still had my downloaded apps. Also, the home button wouldn't work and the Touchwiz lock screen wouldn't show up when I woke the device. I did a factory restore and all was well. But just a few moments ago my SGSII did some weird reboot or something. The phone kind of powered off and started right back up. The really strange thing was it rebooted crazy quick, like in 2-5 seconds, literally, no exaggeration...idk, jus kinda got me buggin out. Anyone else see this type of behavior from their phone?

dmxcrb

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I have had this happen to me as well. Don't know what could be causing it to happen, but I haven't had it happen recently.

GCMS

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
It happened to me one time a couple of days ago but i was in a roaming area with bad signal i was downloading something, receiving txt's, and incoming missed calls all at the same time i guess phone just "freaked" and froze and rebooted itself. Hasn't happened since.

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I've only had my E4gT a few days. No re-boots.
However, one time, it did lockup when I was texting and a phone call came in...I must have typed a weird sequence of characters that froze the phone...I was able to restart with the power button.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a battery issue. Possibly a loose connection. I'd exchange it ASAP if you're still within your return period. Otherwise a warranty/insurance claim.

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
You know, I was thinking it could be something to do with the battery. My battery died, but I have the spare battery. Soon as I put in the spare, that's exactly when it happened the first time.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

atl10pnr

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Just had mine freeze while typeing out a a text using Handcent. Not sure what happened but i held down the power button till it rebooted. Hope it was just a freak thing.