Reception Issues? Sprint CSR Recommends Returning the GSII

Will you return your GSII phone because of reception issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
A very knowledgeable rep from Sprint took the time to look into the reception issue with the GSII. She said Sprint is aware that this is an issue with this particular phone (esp. the antenna), and is trying to work it out with Samsung, but they (Sprint) think it's a hardware (antenna) issue, so no software fix will probably rectify the problem. She recommended I return the phone and wait for another phone model, possibly another Android or the iPhone. She is an Android phone owner, so this was no hardcore iPhone fan making Apple recommendations.

She did say I could switch this phone in for another, in case this is defective...but because of known reception issues, that is likely not the case.

So there we are! :-\

Last edited:

GCMS

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Reception Issues: Sprint Recommends Returning the GSII

A very knowledgeable rep from Sprint took the time to look into the reception issue with the GSII. She said Sprint is aware that this is an issue with this particular phone (esp. the antenna), and is trying to work it out with Samsung, but they (Sprint) thinks this is a hardware (antenna) issue, so no software fix will probably fix it. She recommends I return the phone and wait for another phone, possibly the iPhone. She is an Android phone owner, so this was no hardcore iPhone fan making Apple recommendations.

She did say I could switch this phone in for another, in case this is defective...but because of known reception issues, that is likely not the case.

So there we are! :-\

Maybe it was a bad batch of phones as i have not had any reception issues whatsoever :confused: That sucks that they behave like children in that samsung doesn't own up to the issue and tries to point the blame on the carrier. I don't know but once a rep starts making recommendation on the next "big bad phone" especially if it's the iphone something is up. Why didn't she recommend the photon instead? I hear the Photon has great signal. Why the iphone?

GCMS

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

She did. You responded too quickly before I edited my original post. :p

LOL:D oh ok sorry! i just can't stand the eyephone! and when i read your post i was like wait a minute we have rep that's pushing apples!

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

change the title to sprint employee ! kinda misleading
yeah no doubt.
Some users never experienced LOS until rooting flashed custom kernel then back to stock finding LOS was no more.
That tells me software is having issue taking to hardware.

redtooth

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I really hate to say this and I promos I'm not trolling. I'm going to guess that your phones have the same radios that are used in the nexus s 4g. Do a Google search "nexus s 4g radio issues" or just search the forums here. Samsung never fixed the radio issues with the nexus s 4g. Google came out with an updated that supposedly helped the 4g signal issues ( I never saw any difference) but the 3g signal issues are still there. Google pretty much dropped the issue and Samsung never really acknowledged the there was an issue. I stuck it out past my 30 day window and got burned buy it. I need my phone for work and with constant dropped calls and slow data speed I was pretty much force to get rid of my nexus s and pay for a new phone. I now have a Photon and my signal strength is fantastic! I have not dropped a single call since the change and my data speeds are almost always twice as fast. I checked out the new epic 4g touch and felt it was probably the coolest phone I've ever seen but I also notice the signal strength was just like my old nexus s 4g. Bottom line, Samsung is not likely to fix this issue because it's not there fist phone with this issue. From what I have read I'm pretty sure it's a hardware issue with Samsungs radios. My advice is that if you just can't live with a phone with week radios get out before your 15 or 30 days are up. You could always come back if the issues are fixed before your next phones return period is up. Don't get stuck like I did. It ended up costing me way too much money and the nexus s 4g signal issues are still there 6 months later. The epic 4g touch is a sweet phone if you live and stay in areas with good to great coverage but it probably won't be the best in areas with average to poor coverage.

Flyboy1100

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I have used my phone all over the state of ND and northern MN, of which very little is sprint home area, no issues for me, the phone indicates 1 bar less than my evo4g did, but nothing I'm worried about

I was even able to send some texts tonight at 11,000ft which NEVER worked on my evo

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have used my phone all over the state of ND and northern MN, of which very little is sprint home area, no issues for me, the phone indicates 1 bar less than my evo4g did, but nothing I'm worried about

I was even able to send some texts tonight at 11,000ft which NEVER worked on my evo

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

bla bla bla..My friend all you have to do is got to the sprint community website and there are about 25 threads that each have 100 or more replies to it regarding this very poor issue.. lol..You got one of the lone needles in the hay stack.

GCMS

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
bla bla bla..My friend all you have to do is got to the sprint community website and there are about 25 threads that each have 100 or more replies to it regarding this very poor issue.. lol..You got one of the lone needles in the hay stack.

Make that 2 needles in a haystack, no issues here :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae