Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Power button already loose from overuse

I don't get why I can't just hold the home button to bring up the lock screen.

Default Re: Power button already loose from overuse

Wow. I think you may need to take the phone back....I have never had a phone that the power button has done that on and especially when the phone is so new..
    DAS

Global Posts
    987 Global Posts

@ Leslie: You may have defective phone for sure because the phone has only been out since Sept. 16.

FYI. I don't use the power button to turn the screen off, rather, I use an app called Screen Off & Lock (https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result).

With this app you only have to press the app icon (i have the icon on the main homscreen) and the display shuts off. It's really simple and works great to avoid having to constantly fiddle around looking for and touching the power button .

I don't know of an app that would allow you to turn the display on from sleep and bypass using the power button.

But again, if the power button is loose after only a few weeks that's more of a hardware issue and you should return the device for a replacement.
    Thanked by:

That App also gives user the choice to hold search key to turn screen off.
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II

Thanks. I have a best buy protection plan, so I'll see what they say.

I think the sprint cover I had did it.