Sleep of Death?

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I know that happened on the Photon for a while, has this happened to anyone else? Where you turn the screen off and it won't come on unless you do a battery pull and turn it back on.

efmw113

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the Photon - liked it very much other than the Sleep of Dealth issue. That was a deal-breaker for me. Ended up returning it for the GS2 and after 2 weeks with it - so far, so good (I tried two different Photons and saw the Sleep of Death about 2-3 times a day on each one). I have a feeling that Motorola will do a better job of releasing updates to the Photon quicker than Samsung will and I liked the build quality of the Photon better, but the Sleep of Death issue just isn't something that I can live with. Fortunately the GS2 is better in that regard.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
This just happened to me. My phone was charging and the screen wouldn't come on.

I unplugged the charger and it still wouldn't turn on. The led was still on.

I reset the phone by holding the volume up and power. At least I didn't have to remove the battery.

This is upsetting though. If it happens frequently I may have to take it back.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My phone has been unresponsive sometimes and seemingly took a "nap of death", but this seems to happen when my phone locks in the middle of certain apps. Never had to reset, just waited and kept trying to wake it up until it responded, and that never took more than a few seconds. It was just annoying. Seems like an app freeze in my case.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Haven't had that happen yet, but it happened almost every other day with my photon, right up until it went into an endless boot loop that forced me to return it.

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!

ajbrickyard

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just happened to me yesterday for the first time, never had it happen on my Photon. Also have had it freeze up on me a few times and had to do battery pulls to restart.

Sent From My Samsung SPH-D710 Sprint Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch Using Tapatalk