backup apps with data

ijip

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I had all kinds of problems with my backup pro coming from a droid incredible to gs2.

if you are not rooted you will not be able to back data from apps, unless they have some sort of sync built in.

if you are looking for your basic contacts/ sms backup android sync manager will do. if u need browser setting and phone settings then you would need to be rooted.

still as Murphy posted, restoring setting from one phone to a different phone may cause quite a few problems. its mostly useful if you like to install custom roms and get everything restored that way.

Reactions: dguidry12

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what's up with swype? It is horrendous.

Make sure its not in Spanish mode, at first I had the same issue and then someone here told me to check that's its not going into Spanish by mistake.

Look at the bottom of the keyboard, the first key to the left of the space bar, it should say EN, not ES.

Rob

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
mybackup pro, i use it its great and if you root, it gives you a rooted version
I went from a non-rooted EVO 4G to a non-rooted Epic 4G Touch and MyBackup Pro backed up and restored my Call log, Browser Bookmarks, text messages, etc.

It would have been able to restore my System Settings, Home Screens, or Alarms if I was going from TouchWiz to TouchWiz.

It could not back up my App data because I was not rooted.

See the Backup, Restore or Transfer Apps, Files, and Settings for much more on this and other tools you can use for the rest.

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I went from a non-rooted EVO 4G to a non-rooted Epic 4G Touch and MyBackup Pro backed up and restored my Call log, Browser Bookmarks, text messages, etc.

It would have been able to restore my System Settings, Home Screens, or Alarms if I was going from TouchWiz to TouchWiz.

It could not back up my App data because I was not rooted.

See the Backup, Restore or Transfer Apps, Files, and Settings for much more on this and other tools you can use for the rest.

FYI, MyBackup Pro doesn't backup Touchwiz home screens, just the native home screens and I think Sense home screens for HTC phones.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
This article is severely overcomplicating things. There is no reason for any Android user to lose contact information, or pretty much anything else. If you sign into your Google account, you're pretty much set.

I had to replace my HTC One last week. I didn't worry a single bit about lost data, and I don't run any specific "backup" software. I signed on, and all my contacts, emails, and text messages were restored instantly. There was the minor annoyance of re-downloading some apps, but that's it. The phone was set up exactly like my old one in less than an hour. Everything in its place.

A few points:

- texts will only restore if you're using Google Voice for texting, but Sprint (for all their faults) offers nice integration with your regular phone number.

- you can also have the phone automatically back up your pictures to Google Plus, so that's another thing you don't have to worry about.

The whole point of Google services is to put your data in the cloud, and the whole point of an Android phone is to access that cloud. If you use an Android and "lose your contacts," then it's unclear why you bought an Android to begin with!!!

Were your home screens restored on your new phone?