Please test stock charger at battery level below 25%

aquaholik

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I know a lot of people have problems using their touch screen when connected to the stock chargers. Some time it is an intermittent issue but I am willing to bet that the problem is much more widespread when the phone battery level is below 25%. Plugging in the stock charger when the phone has very low level of battery will cause the digitizer to go haywire. Just try sliding to unlock your screen and you will see the problem.

Summary of my findings. I bought 4 SGS2 for myself and family members. ALL 4 stock chargers will cause touch screen problem WHEN THE PHONE BATTERY LEVEL IS LOW. It is a slight annoyance when the phone has 50% or more battery. BUT it still doesn't function like it does when it is not connected to the charger. I tested 2 HP touchpad chargers, 1 Kodak Playsport charger, 2 Iphone chargers when the phone is below 25% and has absolutely no issue! It is not the phone but it is the charger that is faulty, They might be able to update the phone software to take care of the problem but we need to get enough data to show them that there is a problem charging and using the phone when the battery level is low.

Please see taylormah's post in the other charger thread.

Reactions: taylormah

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I can't offer much help. On several occasions I have run my phone down to 10-15% left by playing some games from the time I get home to when I decide to go to bed. Upon plugging in, I have never had any issue with the screen going haywire. It operates just like I would expect. This includes the stock lock screen and my widget locker lockscreen.

Sorry I can't offer much but hopefully it helps build an expectation of the % that are affected.

aquaholik

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I can't offer much help. On several occasions I have run my phone down to 10-15% left by playing some games from the time I get home to when I decide to go to bed. Upon plugging in, I have never had any issue with the screen going haywire. It operates just like I would expect. This includes the stock lock screen and my widget locker lockscreen.

Sorry I can't offer much but hopefully it helps build an expectation of the % that are affected.

I take it you tested it with the stock charger correct? I have no problem with any other chargers. Seems a big coincidence to get 4 bad chargers with 4 good phones, or 4 bad phones with 4 good chargers. I am blaming the stock charger since I have no issue with any other chargers.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

Are you using stock charger that came with the phone or a different charger? This problem comes us usually when using stock charger AND when battery is low on charge. Can you confirm which charger you are using?

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Are you using stock charger that came with the phone or a different charger? This problem comes us usually when using stock charger AND when battery is low on charge. Can you confirm which charger you are using?

Yep I'm using the stock charger, plugged into the wall outlet next to my bed. Been using the same one since Day 1 and haven't had ANY issues with the phone plugged in. After I run the battery pretty low I'll usually keep playing after plugging in and never have any issues.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the stock charger, as well as 2 HTC chargers. The stock one will make the screen a bit touchy when the battery is low as you described. One of the HTC chargers works fine no matter what, the other one will go crazy.

Who knows...

aquaholik

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Update: I guessed my theory of ALL STOCK CHARGERS are bad are out the door. I swapped out two stock chargers at corporate store and tested it while battery level was low. The touch screen was responsive this time. I couldn't swap out the other two since my inlaws has them. I guess easiest fix is Sprint Corporate store if you got problems.

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I would make this suggestion to those having problems with the charger. Try using a different USB cable. Same plug, different cable. I just realized while I am using the stock charger, I am using a 15ft Monoprice cable. The 2 foot cable that came with the phone just didn't cut it.

aquaholik

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I would make this suggestion to those having problems with the charger. Try using a different USB cable. Same plug, different cable. I just realized while I am using the stock charger, I am using a 15ft Monoprice cable. The 2 foot cable that came with the phone just didn't cut it.

I tried different USB cables with my bad chargers. It didn't make a difference.

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried different USB cables with my bad chargers. It didn't make a difference.

Figured it was at least worth mentioning. I would suppose that only leaves a batch of faulty power adapters as the culprit. However, I would say given the testing patterns that it could be a device specific problem. If you have two phones where one experiences and the other doesn't (with the same cable/adapter combo) then you would be able to pin point the cause.

lallen3

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the touchscreen malfunction as well. ANY micro-usb charger causes the malfunction, including 500ma on up to 1000ma chargers (both A/C and car adapter types). I have taken the phone to Sprint who reset my device which obviously didn't fix it. Then we swapped for another SGS2 and another new charger and I have the exact issue. Battery charge level does not in any way affect how badly it malfunctions. I can use the screen, but it's a real PITA when plugged in and makes multi-touch games impossible to play. Sad for such a nice phone to have this major issue. Hopefully Sammy gives up an update that will correct it, :eek:

aquaholik

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
If ANY charger causes the touch screen to malfunction then it is definitely the phone. But you got another phone and it still does that. I would swap again or at least test the new phone with lots of different chargers.

lallen3

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've tried 11 different chargers. I'm not swapping phones again, because I know it's the phone itself. Even the demo phones in the Sprint stores in my area have the same malfunction, Wish Samsung would address this.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity, are you guys that are having screen issues while plugged in to the charger, plugging it in while the screen is on? If so, try hitting the sleep/wake button to lock your phone and shut off the screen. Then plug it in, and unlock it. Let us know if you experience any differences following these steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12