Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch frezzing....need help

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
my Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch is freezing and force closing on alot of apps and will lock up....then other times the keyborad will be frozen on the home screen... have har and soft reset the phone 2 times and still have the same isssue.....help please :confused::confused::confused:

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Pull the battery and restart. If it doesn't change, try a factory reset (backup your data first). If that doesn't work consider an exchange as you may have a defective device.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Nicholas,

It is only necessary you post your issue under one thread, i promise it will get attention. Very helpful bunch here.

Now, could you elaborate a little on the issue?

I'm TMack, and I approve this message

seven30

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I had the exact same problems. I ended up factory resetting three times. The third time was the charm I guess as everything seems to be working well now. I've been reinstalling my apps one by one to see if I can find the source of the problems, but haven't found anything yet. Out of curiousity, which launcher, sms app, and keyboard are you using? My phone has been the most stable with ADW EX, GO SMS, and GO Keyboard. I used LauncherPro, GO Launcher, and Smart Keyboard Pro prior to those, but they force closed more often. Hope you get it fixed.

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
i use stock everything app wise facebook, ebay , angry birds, call filter pro, flashlight,tune in pro... thats about it idk was lthinking about taking it back and getting replacement

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I would do the reset. Your also running a Rom so your rooted correct? after you factory reset. Run it full stock no root see how that works for you. good luck.
You might have to unroot first. I don't know but make sure the phone is unrooted before you return it.

detuzziepic

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I do not think there is help Sprint does not care. I have been to the Sprint store at least 4 times to get my problem resolve they can not fix it. Called sprint I am on the phone with them now 48 minutes they still can't do anything. I bought two phones one for me on for my daughter my daughter experienced problems right of the bat. I have been having the same problem for over a month now. My menu bar keeps popping up, the phone freezes and the menu bar won't work at the worst times. I have it on tape but they still won't give me a new phone. They just want to keep whipping my memory out and get paid for it. Still on hold:mad:

corrosivepie3

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my galaxy s2. I have been researching and i came up with this...

?The problem is that the touchkey chip is located right next to the 3G antenna. When the phone is accessing the 3G network the RF energy gets transferred to the interrupt and i2c clock and data lines causing false interrupts to occur. The processor responds to the interrupt by reading the key value from the cypress chip. The symptoms occur more frequently in low signal areas because the phone outputs a higher RF level in those situations which causes more RF interference on the interrupt line.?

Apparently it only occurs when you have low reception.
So you have to take it in to a service center and they have to remove the front of the phone and replace something the it should be fixed. I hope its free to fix it. It should be..since its obviously a manufacture defect.