Epic 4G Touch WiFi Losing Connectivity

AdamU726

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey all - new poster here....hopefully you all can help.

I have WiFi set up at home and at work, which usually has no problems connecting and getting online using the web browser right away. That connection (according to the signal indicator at the top) is strong and never fades. But the web browser will not connect after a few minutes. It will say 'webpage not available'

Also, most programs have the same issue unless the WiFi connection is recent and 'fresh'.

I've tried switching to a static IP, and tried installing WiFi Fixer, both with no help.

Any ideas? If this has been covered somewhere and I missed it, feel free to send me there.

Thanks!!!

Edit - forgot to add that neither e-mail account I have synced will update when WiFi is on. Turn WiFi off and they both sync, with timestamps on the e-mails that are from the entire time the WiFi was on.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Check to make sure wifi sleep policy is set to never.

Wireless & networks - wifi settings - menu - advanced

I'm TMack, and I approve this message

munozyoshi

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Was this issue ever resolved? I've had this phone for about a week and since day one I've had the same wifi issues. The wifi connection only works while it's "fresh" as you described. 5 or 10 minutes afterward the connection will not work. I get webpage expired messages and the apps that use data also get connection problems. As soon as I switch over to 4G I have no more connection problems, although I get very spotty service in an area where I'm supposed to have excellent service.

Any info is appreciated. I think I'll end up returning the phone if this problem doesn't get resolved. The issue is present no matter what kernel version I'm on as well.

2ndaccord

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
There was a recent update to the epic touch. I'm not sure if it fixes the wifi issues as i have never had any issues.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

supersanborn

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I too am having this problem, doesn't always happen in 5 to 10 minutes, but it happens at last once or twice a day. Usually forces me to reboot, but there's still no guarantee it stays fixed for long.

jkb2618#AC

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue as described by the OP, and this is AFTER the update of course...
Never had one problem before the update, now my wifi is hosed.

premise

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been acting up just as described. My work around was to go into the advanced wireless settings on the phone and manually setup and static the ip, dns info.

jkb2618#AC

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine has been acting up just as described. My work around was to go into the advanced wireless settings on the phone and manually setup and static the ip, dns info.

I tried setting the Static IP and thought it may have fixed it, but sadly it didn't stick... bummer.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance