wifi lose connection after long standby????

boxta

May 27, 2010
Visit site
not sure if anyone experience this.. but my internet connection (via wifi) would be lost sometimes after the phone's on standby for a while.

such as after overnight, when i wake up.. the phone won't connect to the internet.. i have to toggle wifi on/off.. and it will reconnect

i have check, and wifi sleep policy is set to NEVER...

anyone else have the issue?

thanks

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
today was the first time this happen to me. It was weird. It was showing 2 wifi bars but would not connect. I did the wifi toggle on/off but like 10 mins later same issue. my phone is set to never so i toggled between when screen turns off back space then toggled to never and completely backed out hasn't happen again to day. I left wifi on when i left my house for like 2 hours . came back and the phone picked it back no problem.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Never happened to me, and my phone is always connected to wifi at home and work. Could be a compatibility issue with certain wifi routers or certain network configurations.

h4ldol

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
This is a known issue for some (not all) people with their E4GT. My wifi speed is just fine but the connection is lost without fail between 30-60 minutes. A toggle off/on will fix it every time. Hopefully Samsung is hearing about this and will eventually issue a fix for this because while it is not a huge problem (b/c it is easily remedied), it is very annoying to have to constantly toggle wifi off/on to get it working again. And my two laptops, Evo 4G, and Galaxy Tab 10.1 never lose wifi connection so it isn't my router or anything.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue with a new router and laptop....I had to change the security settings in the router to allow the two to stay connected. This was a comcast all-in-one modem/router... Maybe this is what is happening for some of you?

DesertRambler

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
not sure if anyone experience this.. but my internet connection (via wifi) would be lost sometimes after the phone's on standby for a while.

such as after overnight, when i wake up.. the phone won't connect to the internet.. i have to toggle wifi on/off.. and it will reconnect

i have check, and wifi sleep policy is set to NEVER...

anyone else have the issue?

thanks

I have this same problem.I have 2 tablets I am reviewing, an Asus Transformer and an Acer Iconia A100, both running Android 3.2 (Honeycomb). They both do this. Is this a problem with Honeycomb?

Thanks!