Why the E4GT ?

saleen2002

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone! I am currently looking for a new phone. Right now i have the Og EVO. I am tryin to make a decision between the E4GT and IP4S. I am lookin for reasons as to why i should get one over the other. Other then screen size, and andriod vs apple (iOS) factors. Thanks

GCMS

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone! I am currently looking for a new phone. Right now i have the Og EVO. I am tryin to make a decision between the E4GT and IP4S. I am lookin for reasons as to why i should get one over the other. Other then screen size, and andriod vs apple (iOS) factors. Thanks

4g, super amoled, great camera and video playback, exynos dual core,its hard to make a decision without involving the android vs ios factors.:)

saleen2002

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
i have been considering the iphone for apples stability and reliablity with software and hardware.i also dont have 4G available in my area right now, and i dont see it coming here any time soon. i have had my evo since launch day, had blackberry phones and pretty much all the higher end phones at the time, i passed on the nexus, evo3d, and others that sprint had released, waiting for a better device to come out. now there is two and i want facts of why i should choose one over the other then then what i put in OP. thanks and hope that makes sense

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
To the people who are on the fence about a new Android or an iPhone I say wait a bit for the ice cream sandwich unveiling. Not the nexus prime per say just the OS. It is likely going to have amazing new features that you'll consider "must have". For me there's nothing the 4S offers that's very compelling, and siri would be the best feature I'd probably never use. This coming from someone who owns two macs, an ipad, ipod touch, and a 10000 song itunes library. Ironically on the ipad which I use for light gaming, web browsing, and reading I think iOS is superior, but on a phone I use everywhere for hours a day I prefer Android. Specifically my E4GT.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Both are great phones. I owned an Epic Touch for about a week. Now I have the 4S. The screen on the Epic is amazing. Camera is great. And it is really fast. The iPhone 4S is a little faster and Siri is remarkable. You really can't go wrong with either. But if you have had the EVO for the past year, you may want to stick with Android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evilgenyus

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm also considering picking up this phone. I bought the evo 3d on a impulse and it was great on the battery life at first, now its the absolute worst. I was gonna get the iPhone 4S for battery life but i'm not eligible and i can't justify the 650-850 off contract. So I'm thinking of picking up a used sgs2 for 350. *side note anyone know where is the water damage indicator on the sgs2? *

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

bklyn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Both are great phones and your decision should be based on your preferences. I was never good at using the iPhone keyboard and find Swype much better for my large fingers. The GS2 is also the first large screen phone that is light and thin enough that I don't mind carrying it in my pocket. The 4S appears to have a better camera, although the one in the GS2 is very good.

saleen2002

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Both are great phones. I owned an Epic Touch for about a week. Now I have the 4S. The screen on the Epic is amazing. Camera is great. And it is really fast. The iPhone 4S is a little faster and Siri is remarkable. You really can't go wrong with either. But if you have had the EVO for the past year, you may want to stick with Android.

to every one thanks for your reasons and such. im not tryint to turn this into one of those x vs y threads. dwayne how come i should stick with andriod ? what is your reasoning for that ?

h4ldol

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
There are plenty of reviews out there that detail the features of both the E4GT and IP4S. If you've already read those, it's probably time to head down to the mall and check out both phones in real life and then make your decision. There are plenty of threads detailing the battery life (in summary, many say it's great, some say it's terrible) of the E4GT since you specifically mentioned that, but otherwise you should really just do your research and make up your own mind. But it does seem that you are more inclined to get a 4S so probably that would mean you should wait until you can get one rather than 'settle' for an android phone that may not satisfy you.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: Ricolando

saleen2002

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
everyone thank you for your opinions and info. i am not more inclined to go 4s but am weighing out which would be better for me and listening to what you all have to say also. i have read most of the 4s reviews and feedback and also the ones on the E4GT.

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
to every one thanks for your reasons and such. im not tryint to turn this into one of those x vs y threads. dwayne how come i should stick with andriod ? what is your reasoning for that ?

Was just thinking that you would already be comfortable with it having an EVO for a year. Most people invest a lot into Google services, apps, and such when they get an Android phone. Going to another platform, you would lose all of the paid apps from Android.