Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't delete sms threads

Hi, just wondering if I can delete all my text messages by deleting a file. It's a long story but I have a bunch of empty threads dated dec 31 1969 from trying to restore my data using backup pro. The threads are empty but if I try to delete them they just stay there. I have about 30 or so. I would like to avoid doing a factory reset. Thanks.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Can't delete sms threads

OK, so I tried history eraser and not only did it not delete those threads but only deleted partial recent threads which I cannot open now. Please help. Thanks
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Did a factory reset. Now I only need to know how to delete this useless thread.

Did you ever find a solution to your problem?? Because I am having the same issue

ROM
    Stock Rooted EL29

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy5111 View Post
    Did a factory reset. Now I only need to know how to delete this useless thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Carmichael View Post
    Did you ever find a solution to your problem?? Because I am having the same issue
    He did a factory reset.

Or you could navigate to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases and delete mmssms.db. That should do the trick as well.

Good luck

Trolling from my Cricket-flashed Galaxy S2 E4GT using Tapatalk 2