Problem with an mp3 file
11-09-2011 12:07 PM
- I'm trying to download a podcast and play it back on the phone. The audio format is a 56k mp3 file with joint stereo. When it plays back (either in Doggcatcher, BeyondPod or the music app) it only plays out of the right channel and the left channel hisses and pops periodically.
Could anyone else try this? The file plays fine on any other device for me....
Common Man - KFAN FM 100.3 is the podcast. Careful because that XML file is way larger than it should be.
Here's a direct link to one of the files (though they all have this problem.)
All other podcasts and mp3s work fine so this one is driving me crazy!!10-18-2011 11:14 PM
- Anyone else have this problem? If not does anyone play downloaded podcasts over a stereo device either with a cord or bluetooth without problems? I have this exact same problem on a new epic 4g touch that I've rooted and have a a rom on, but that shouldn't be an issue I wouldn't think. OP did you ever find a solution to this? I listen to podcasts all the time and this is not going to be acceptable.11-08-2011 07:54 PM
- I wasn't logged on when I searched for this problem so couldn't see the link. Common Man is the exact one I'm having problems with too. I tried Barriero though as well, and that has the same problem. Also neither of them had any issue on my Evo 4g, so I know it has something to do with the phone. I need to get this fixed....11-08-2011 07:55 PM
- I'm frustrated that they haven't released any bugfixes for this phone. The mp3 codec is obviously defective but no response....
The good news? I figured out a fix but you have to pay for it. If you install Presto, the feed will play correctly. Presto is used to change the playback speed -- but even at 1x it appears to take control of the mp3 playback in BeyondPod and the mp3s play fine.11-08-2011 10:40 PM
- Thanks I got Presto and everything is working now. It does suck you have to pay for an app to get something so basic to work, but this was my last issue with the phone, so everything else is set up and I'm loving the phone. I wonder if it is just something with KFAN feeds since no one else responded?11-09-2011 11:58 AM
- It could be but their feeds play on all of my other devices just fine... so.... This leads me to believe it's a Epic Touch 4g problem. You could encode your own 56k mp3 file and see if your phone is able to play it without Presto to test.
KFAN has other issues with their feeds that drive me nuts (I can't import Common Man into feedburner or yahoo pipes because it is over 600k.)
At least the feed doesn't crash my Android phone. On WebOS the common feed would bring the entire system to it's knees because there was so much in it to parse.11-09-2011 12:07 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Problem with an mp3 file
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD