SGII options, get it or wait got galaxy nexus?

mcauthorn

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Well to put it simply, I am torn between waiting to see if the galaxy nexus will come over to sprint this year of should I just pull the trigger and get the Galaxy SII? I know more then likely the SII will get ice cream sandwich legitimately , and I'm more then okay with rooting and using Cyanogenmod or whatever ICS rom will be out there, so ICS is not a concern. I would love to hear people's opinion of the SGII if they regret getting the phone or if they are going to swap out for a pure Google experience, or are the completely happy and its a great device. My sprint reception is relatively good at home and its "interesting" where I work (it's roaming but even then it's really weird. The Verizon people even swear it sucks there. So I appreciate the input. Thanks.

skyo12

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
If you're going to wait for the Nexus to come to Sprint, you might as well wait until the Galaxy S III

It will most likely take months from the looks of it. If I remember correctly, the Nexus is a LTE device which probably means it's a Verizon exclusive for quite a bit and even if it comes to Sprint, it will take months.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
According to the LTE roadmap they set, Sprint won't be offering LTE phones until mid-2012. I'd pick up the Epic Touch now, unless you're willing to move to Verizon. But the again, I have yearly upgrades.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I doubt Sprint will see the Galaxy Nexus until Spring 2012, possibly being their first flagship LTE release. Now that Sprint has officially announced their plans to move to LTE and the decommission of WiMax, we're probably not going to see any high end releases for awhile.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think there are some nerd snobs who just rage against any UI enhancements. Unless it's bone stock, they'll whine and replace it with something else to stroke their 1337 spot. These are the same people whom if they were given a handset with 8GB of app install space and the carrier puts 10MB of branded stuff on it would shriek, "BLOATWARE!!! BLOAT! BLOAT! BLOOOOOOOOOOOAT!!!!!" I'M ROOTING AND PUTTING [insert ROM name here] ON TO REMOVE THE BLOAT!!!!"

mcauthorn

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I have no issue with Touchwiz per se and if I hate it that much, I have adw (purchased version)

I think right now I might just wait because of the antenna issue I keep seeing and since I enter into a roaming while I work, I am hesitant to pull the trigger and get the phone fearing it just won't work at work, which is like the primary way my family gets in touch with me.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
And considering the Epic Touch appears to natively support 64gb cards, paying extra for 16gb sounds like an Apple style ripoff.

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Wait im I missing something doesn't the sg2E4g has a slot for a memory card the micro right? That can hold 32gig

No, they are referring to the rumor (fact now?) that the upcoming Galaxy Nexus will not have a SD slot for an external memory card. There are apparently going to be two models with internal storage, one 16 GB and another 32 GB

handsomeprince#AC

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm reading comments in this thread where people are knocking overlays (Sense, TouchWiz, etc.) that are over "stock", "vanila" Android UI. Do people not realize that even the "stock" UI is a form of an overlay that the developers/coders developed?

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't know the details of the person who said he still had annual upgrades, but I'm a Premiere Gold member and used a standard upgrade in September (it was not an annual upgrade because I hadn't used one for a couple years)
By upgrading before October 2, I now get a final annual upgrade next year and have to use it before the end of 2012. I got my SGS2 in September and was told I can get a new phone in September 2012. When I log into my Sprint account, it confirms that. After next year I'll have to wait 20 months. Dreams of a SGS3 with quad core 2ghz and LTE are dancing in my head.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463