1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default SGII options, get it or wait got galaxy nexus?

Well to put it simply, I am torn between waiting to see if the galaxy nexus will come over to sprint this year of should I just pull the trigger and get the Galaxy SII? I know more then likely the SII will get ice cream sandwich legitimately , and I'm more then okay with rooting and using Cyanogenmod or whatever ICS rom will be out there, so ICS is not a concern. I would love to hear people's opinion of the SGII if they regret getting the phone or if they are going to swap out for a pure Google experience, or are the completely happy and its a great device. My sprint reception is relatively good at home and its "interesting" where I work (it's roaming but even then it's really weird. The Verizon people even swear it sucks there. So I appreciate the input. Thanks.

ROM
    MIJJz BLEND ICS

Default Re: SGII options, get it or wait got galaxy nexus?

If you're going to wait for the Nexus to come to Sprint, you might as well wait until the Galaxy S3

It will most likely take months from the looks of it. If I remember correctly, the Nexus is a LTE device which probably means it's a Verizon exclusive for quite a bit and even if it comes to Sprint, it will take months.

According to the LTE roadmap they set, Sprint won't be offering LTE phones until mid-2012. I'd pick up the Epic Touch now, unless you're willing to move to Verizon. But the again, I have yearly upgrades.

I doubt Sprint will see the Galaxy Nexus until Spring 2012, possibly being their first flagship LTE release. Now that Sprint has officially announced their plans to move to LTE and the decommission of WiMax, we're probably not going to see any high end releases for awhile.

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

It also depends on if Yu like the touchwiz that the galaxy s2 has which I hate

sent from my BAMFD BOLT using tapatalk
    I'm a superuser

ROM
    MIJJz BLEND ICS

Quote Originally Posted by taylorz_412 View Post
    It also depends on if Yu like the touchwiz that the galaxy s2 has which I hate

sent from my BAMFD BOLT using tapatalk
    I'm curious about people who keep saying this. What don't you like about TouchWiz 4.0 (assuming you have used it?

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I think there are some nerd snobs who just rage against any UI enhancements. Unless it's bone stock, they'll whine and replace it with something else to stroke their 1337 spot. These are the same people whom if they were given a handset with 8GB of app install space and the carrier puts 10MB of branded stuff on it would shriek, "BLOATWARE!!! BLOAT! BLOAT! BLOOOOOOOOOOOAT!!!!!" I'M ROOTING AND PUTTING [insert ROM name here] ON TO REMOVE THE BLOAT!!!!"
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I have no issue with Touchwiz per se and if I hate it that much, I have adw (purchased version)

I think right now I might just wait because of the antenna issue I keep seeing and since I enter into a roaming while I work, I am hesitant to pull the trigger and get the phone fearing it just won't work at work, which is like the primary way my family gets in touch with me.

Personally, I'm not liking the 16 or 32gb models with no SD port. I have a 32gb card, so that's a bummer.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cobravision View Post
    Personally, I'm not liking the 16 or 32gb models with no SD port. I have a 32gb card, so that's a bummer.
    yeah I do love my sd port.

And considering the Epic Touch appears to natively support 64gb cards, paying extra for 16gb sounds like an Apple style ripoff.

Wait im I missing something doesn't the sg2E4g has a slot for a memory card the micro right? That can hold 32gig

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    ROM
    StarBurst ROM-LoStKernel

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    Wait im I missing something doesn't the sg2E4g has a slot for a memory card the micro right? That can hold 32gig
    No, they are referring to the rumor (fact now?) that the upcoming Galaxy Nexus will not have a SD slot for an external memory card. There are apparently going to be two models with internal storage, one 16 GB and another 32 GB
    "Itís only after we have lost everything that we are free to do anythingÖ"

Tyler Durden

HTC Touch --> Samsung Instinct --> HTC Touch Pro --> Palm Pre --> Epic 4G

The SGS2E4GT has a SD slot, but the Galaxy Nexus does not.

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

Yearly upgrades don't exist anymore premier program is over

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Juan Too Big Perez
    DJ2BIG.COM

I'm reading comments in this thread where people are knocking overlays (Sense, TouchWiz, etc.) that are over "stock", "vanila" Android UI. Do people not realize that even the "stock" UI is a form of an overlay that the developers/coders developed?

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

How do you still get yearly upgrades with Premier discontinued?

I don't know the details of the person who said he still had annual upgrades, but I'm a Premiere Gold member and used a standard upgrade in September (it was not an annual upgrade because I hadn't used one for a couple years)
    By upgrading before October 2, I now get a final annual upgrade next year and have to use it before the end of 2012. I got my SGS2 in September and was told I can get a new phone in September 2012. When I log into my Sprint account, it confirms that. After next year I'll have to wait 20 months. Dreams of a SGS3 with quad core 2ghz and LTE are dancing in my head.