About Phone Build info

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
No LOS here but I'm puzzled why some have it while others don't. Ive went after Samsung & Sprint posting about issue in Sprint community forums , Samsung twitter etc.
A couple posters over at xda are reporting EG12 base while mine is EG30
Could that play a factor ?

Share your info lets find out

Last edited:

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
EG12? I haven't seen that. We should all be on a EG30 baseband.

Many XDA devs have decided this is an issue caused by poorly written code by Samsung, who seems to continue to struggle to write code for Sprint's CDMA network. It's probably an issue that has several variables though ... my semi-educated guess it's a mixture of 1) the phone's firmware that we all have 2) the hardware at the cell towers in certain areas 3) the CDMA signal configuration in certain areas and 4) the way the phone was provisioned when it was first set up. Certain mixtures of #s 2-4 doesn't play nice with #1.

This is the only thing that makes sense to me anyways.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I think those guys flashed their modem in Odin, as the OP in the second thread you posted suspects he did. People out there getting all flash crazy trying to fix a problem that can't be fixed by anyone but Samsung. Everyone "should" be on the EG30 baseband out of the box I think.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
LOS goes back to time with out signal correct?
I just activated my new EPIC TOUCH last night and playing with it today.
Prior to that i had an EVO 4G, then EPIC 4G, then EVO 3D and now Touch. I know prior to rooting my EPIC 4G time with out signal was hovering around 50%. After i rooted and put Syndicate Frozen 1.1.1 that went down to almost 0 all the time.
So is the LOS the same issue? Time with out signal or is it differnt?
I am in the process of looking for it now.

EDIT LOS Loss of Signal. I always thought it was Loss of Service, which would probably be the same thing.
Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12