Hulu Plus App Not compatible with E4GT?

mikegoldnj

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Any idea why the Hulu Plus App is not compatible with this phone?

I just switched over from an EVO4G and I'm missing my mornings of watching Hulu while riding in to work.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I had it on my EVO 3D and was wondering the same thing my self.
From their website. Officially these devices are supported.
G2
HTC Evo 3D
HTC Evo 4G
HTC Flyer tablet
HTC Incredible 2
HTC Inspire 4G
HTC MyTouch 4G
HTC Sensation
HTC Thunderbolt
LG Revolution
LG G2x
Motorola Atrix
Motorola Droid II
Motorola Droid III
Motorola Droid Bionic
Motorola Droid X
Motorola Droid X2
Nexus One
Nexus S
Vizio 8-inch tablet
With More coming soon.

anon(13322)

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad I found this thread. I was wondering what was going on when I tried to view a Hulu video and it wouldn't work. I thought it was a browser issue.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I emailed support shortly after my first post and they got back to me with the standard, were working to update and expand our list of supported devices message.
Please be patient.
I will email them back in a few weeks.
It was not to long after the EVO 3D was released that support for that phone was made available.
I am not holding my breath though. It seems as if Samsung is not well represented on the list.

greekgoddess1

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Forget about Hulu Plus! install dolphin browser and set UA string to desktop, make sure you have Flash 10.3 or above installed and then use dolphin to hulu and there you go! no $7.99!

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, that does not work unless you're rooted and running a hacked version of Flash. I tried on my unrooted ET, and it doesn't work.

mikegoldnj

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Forget about Hulu Plus! install dolphin browser and set UA string to desktop, make sure you have Flash 10.3 or above installed and then use dolphin to hulu and there you go! no $7.99!

This also does not allow you to forgo paying the monthly fee for HuluPlus content.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I still prefer the app. to each his / her own.
I like to use the app and take advantage of my MHL cable and stuff being properly formatted.

greekgoddess1

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I was using the hacked 10.3 "hulified" on my Evo and was pretty pleased with it. No $7.99 thank you very much. However when I upgraded to the GS2E4GT, the hacked 10.3 would not work.
I uninstalled the stock flash, then installed the hacked version, but I would get the usual message from Hulu saying they don't support mobile. DAMN. I also tried setting the UA to desktop in Google, but on this phone there is no way to do that I can find. What Now? But then someone I know had mentioned that they use Dolphin and could set the UA string to "desktop". So I tried it and works. I am rooted (having definite issues with that BTW), but am not using a modified flash, just Flash 11 of the market.
Watched The Good Wife yesterday and it worked perfectly.

AaronCsicseri

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I was using the hacked 10.3 "hulified" on my Evo and was pretty pleased with it. No $7.99 thank you very much. However when I upgraded to the GS2E4GT, the hacked 10.3 would not work.
I uninstalled the stock flash, then installed the hacked version, but I would get the usual message from Hulu saying they don't support mobile. DAMN. I also tried setting the UA to desktop in Google, but on this phone there is no way to do that I can find. What Now? But then someone I know had mentioned that they use Dolphin and could set the UA string to "desktop". So I tried it and works. I am rooted (having definite issues with that BTW), but am not using a modified flash, just Flash 11 of the market.
Watched The Good Wife yesterday and it worked perfectly.

Thats weird cause I am rooted, flash 11'ed (stock), UA=desktop (Dolphin HD), an still get the device not supported pop-up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki