Looking for a good case for Sprint version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertsKitty

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I am a terrible clutz so I tend to drop my phone frequently. I am getting my phone next week so I was looking for a good case that covers as much of the phone is possible. I found an Otter box that only works for the international version. I like the phones that have a hard cover over the screen like otter box (not the ones that you spray the liquid and stick on.

Can anyone help me find a case to fit my US sprint version of the phone?

Reactions: handsomeprince#AC

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you are clumsy and drop your phone often I seriously suggest you have a case ready before you take this phone out of the box. It is the slipperiest phone I have ever held.

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I am the same way; right now, only the case mate tough case has any sort of real protection for people like us..Hopefully, Ballistic comes out with a case for this phone soon!

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I think Seidio has a case out or will be out soon. Personally I just go with the TPU case.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

RobertsKitty

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I agree on Otterbox, my husband has a defender series for his iphone (he works around heavy machines) and that thing is rock hard and solid.

As for a case when I get it, I hope to do just that. I can upgrade my phone thrusday, and I am ordering casemate (to start out with) tonight. So hopefully it will have arrived by then.

With casemate, is there enough of a lip that the screen is protected? I plan on using Steinheil Ultra Crystal but I wont be able to afford it until next week, will it be safe till then?

glenn54

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
TPU Case is the way to go thin and feels good in the hand....Thin is one of the reasons why we bought this phone isn't it?:-$

dollface

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I got the Case Mate Barely There and it is gorgeous, solidly rims the edges and back with a brushed dark stainless steel but does not add any weight or thickness. Gorgeous. Plus I put a good screen protector sheet on the screen, sleek and protected.

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I got a case mate tough case the other day, and, for now, it is definitely the most protective case for this phone; its no Ballistic, or Otterbox, but until something better comes out, this case offers the best protection for this phone.

19.99 at Mobile City online...

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the other "slippery" comments and found that the TPU case made it feel much more "solid" in my hand as well as protecting it if it should fall. Maybe not as much protection as some others, but a really good match for this phone IMO.

lordstimpy

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I find it oddly weird that while going cheap on other acessories isn't a good idea, cheap cases seem to be decent. While I went with the Case-Mate Pop, I also got a cheap plastic one that works nicely. The same with my previous ones, while there are cheap crappy ones, I have found some cheap ones are better then some of the pricey ones.

xxINFIDELxx

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the white Case-Mate Pop, have it in a white hybrid TPU case now and like it. Just wish there were some heavier cases like the Ballistic case I had on my EVO (the HC not the SC). The TPU case did save my phone from a chest height drop onto asphalt the other day...wouldn't want it to happen again though.

chubbs123

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had a tough time finding a good case in the stores (I like to actually check them out in person before buying). I went with a Gel Case from the Sprint Store. It is really nice. The only thing that bothers me is the Purple Back Color.

lordstimpy

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Does the Pop have a face protector built in like an Otterbox Defender case or does one have to just use a stick on protector?

Nope, you have to provide your own. Honestly I had one on my Blackberry bold and it got a scratch on it that drove me nuts. If it was one you could remove, I could just apply a new screen protector, but because it was attached, I had to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.