11-02-2011 09:03 PM
- Hey guys, new E4GT owner here and loving it. I came from an EVO 4G running CM7, and I used the "car mode" feature a lot on that phone. Now that I have a car dock for my new E4GT I'm trying to figure out a few quirks.
1. Whenever I drop my phone into the car dock, the Vlingo app opens. So far so good. The problem is, it seems to be "listening" without me pressing the talk button, so as I'm driving along it keeps trying to interpret any background noise in the car as a voice command. I can't figure out why it's doing that and can't seem to turn it off. Isn't it supposed to only listen when I press the talk button?
2. I loved the car mode app on CyanogenMod7 - I assume it was Google's own car mode app. Is there a way to get that on my E4GT instead of Vlingo?
Thanks in advance!!11-01-2011 09:59 AM
- I have the same problem and frankly I'd like to just disable the default Vlingo car dock app entirely. I downloaded Vlingo Executive Assistant that actually reads messages back with safe reader and its far better in my opinion (and includes the driving app as well). When the default one opens I just close it and open the assistant and let it run as a background process. I still have to pull that screen up if I want to give a voice command but I like it better than the default app.
The default car dock app is just plain frustrating to use.11-01-2011 11:41 AM
- Thanks for the confirmation guys, but that's ridiculous. Apparently Samsung didn't bother to test car mode?
I noticed that the official Google car app (named "Car Home") is in the marketplace but it doesn't appear if you browse the market from your E4GT. Here's the link: https://market.android.com/details?i...ndroid.carhome
I assume this is because Samsung has some deal with Vlingo and therefore they don't want you downloading the Google one? Lame. Car Home is pretty nice.11-01-2011 12:47 PM
I emailed Vlingo tech support today just to see if they could be of any help. Turns out if you go into Settings -> Motion Settings and disable "muti tap" it will solve this problem. I tried that earlier today and it worked.
Now if only there was a way to disable Vlingo's Voice Talk app completely and use Google's Car Home instead...11-01-2011 08:14 PMLike 1
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD