About to make that jump from EVO OG

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Many have. I'd say the largest chunk of E4GT owners came from the EVO 4G and the Palm Pre. This phone is starting to see some good EVO developers come over as well. Welcome aboard. Outside of a couple issues that affect some owners, this phone is absolutely amazing. I think you'll find it well worth the upgrade.

Reactions: percyg77

percyg77

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I hope so...upgrading every year to find something that does everything you want without major issues is starting to get old...

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I did. If you do, I don't think you will be disappointed. I love my Evo 4G! I can honestly say the same thing about this phone. I have had no major problems (LOS, bad battery life) but I have experienced the buggy screen while charging. It's not a deal breaker for me however. If you make the jump, welcome & enjoy!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Do it! Great screen and battery life. I had rooted my EVO and was running an AOSP ROM. One of the things I like about this phone is that Touchwiz to me seems like its more closer to stock android compared to Sense. After over a year with Sense, I prefer the stock android look over it.

The only thing I am worried about is that it may take Samsung months to update it to ICS. I have seen sites speculate that the US won't get it until late next year :(

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm also seriously considering getting the ET4G. Stopped at a Sprint store on my way home from work today and played with one for a few minutes. Charger port went to hell on my EVO and it's long out of warranty. I can pay the $100 insurance deductible for a refurbed EVO, or upgrade with $90 buyback on the EVO and get the ET4G for $110. Hmmmm.........tough decision.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah you should definitely make the jump. I had the EVO4G and the 3D before this..I was nervous leaving HTC devices, but I am very pleased with this phone. Only thing that might disappoint is the development. I was so used to the 4G being completely figured out, so I had to develop some patience coming to this newer device. And hopefully Samsung has done something to try to speed up updates, but if not we have the community

But I love the size and beauty of this screen. The battery life is way better than the EVOs. Quick boot time. Camera is 100 times better.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Had the Evo 4G, then the 3d. Was hoping that the 3d would be what the Evo 4G was supposed to be, but it wasn't, but this phone is. Smooth as butter, no lag great screen, much better call quality than the 3d, it's just a joy to use, and yes, the battery life is way better. Got 16 hours out of it yesterday with moderate use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21