Two gmail account but I only want one for the phone

joe.stay

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I have two google accounts. The first google account I have was before I got android. I used it for google voice number, so that I wouldn't have to give my personal phone number to people I just met and I have my sprint number for my friends and family. I kept the GV number separated from my sprint number (no integration thingy). The second google account i have was for the phone, which i created when I got my epic touch.

Now, I know there's an app for google voice but I don't want my first google account to be integrated into my epic touch. I want to keep it separated from my physical phone. Is it possible to have only my second google account be associated with the phone while having my first google account only for google voice?

xikle

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes it is. I actually have 3 gmail accounts for differentthings and only have two of them linked to my phone. Like you my first account was before I got a Android phone. If you wanted to use googlevoice with the phone you could always setup voice under the account linked to your physical phone...

Sent from my Transformer TF101

joe.stay

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I could create a new number for the account linked to my phone but I like the number that I picked out from my original google account. Also, I don't think we could link two google voice number to the same phone, right?

xikle

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
not that I know of since Sprint and Google have the integration that they do. Not something I've tried though...

Sent from my Transformer TF101

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax