Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help with Weird Mode

Can anyone tell me what weird "mode" this is?

Seemingly at random, but always in my car, my Epic Touch will suddenly switch into a weird new mode... that I can't get out of. I'm going to try and attach a picture to show it.

If I press the X to get out of it, it goes back to normal, until I hit the home button and it goes right back.
    Every call I get suddenly goes to speakerphone automatically and the only way I can find to get it to go back to normal is to power it down and reboot.

So what is it, what's causing it, and how do I get out of it without rebooting?

Default Re: Help with Weird Mode

Did this begin to occur after you installed an app? I can't see your screen very well.

I had this same mode happen to me the other day and I had to reboot my phone to get out of it. Anyone have an explaination of this mode?? Really is a pain in the A$$...

Global Posts
    890 Global Posts

Well I can tell you what it is, thats the samsung dock app for the desktop dock. I have no clue why it would do that in your car. Are you using any kind of dock?

Oddly the official samsung (infuse) car dock triggers the Voice Command app / car dock screen.

Yup that's a dock mode. I'm guessing you're plugging it in to a 3rd party car charger, and that charger is triggering the dock mode for some reason.

Come to think of it, I did plug my phone into my Blackberry car charger. So now that I know makes go into that mode, how do I get it out of dock mode once I unplug my phone from my car charger without having to reboot??
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    Yup that's a dock mode. I'm guessing you're plugging it in to a 3rd party car charger, and that charger is triggering the dock mode for some reason.
    Now that I think about it, that is the problem exactly. It did only happen when I had it plugged in to an old car charger.

Ok, next question is... how can you get it out of Dock Mode without having to restart?

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts

This is a glitch my phone is doing the same thing I have had 2 epic touch my first one never did this my current one does. I temporary fixed by downloading another dock so now when dock mode wants to kick in it gives me a menu to choose which dock I just do not choose and exit out and my home button is not effected
    I also notice that that mode tries to kick in more often when google maps and navigation is used
    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Juan Too Big Perez
    DJ2BIG.COM

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lancehart View Post
    Can anyone tell me what weird "mode" this is?

Seemingly at random, but always in my car, my Epic Touch will suddenly switch into a weird new mode... that I can't get out of. I'm going to try and attach a picture to show it.

If I press the X to get out of it, it goes back to normal, until I hit the home button and it goes right back.
    Every call I get suddenly goes to speakerphone automatically and the only way I can find to get it to go back to normal is to power it down and reboot.

So what is it, what's causing it, and how do I get out of it without rebooting?

After some trial and error I finally found a solution. I bought a micro usb car charger from Radio Shack for $22 problem is gone!

It's the PointMobi car charger without the extra usb.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Juan Too Big Perez
    DJ2BIG.COM

Cool! Glad you got it resolved. I'd guess there is a bug with the dock software that presents itself with the configuration of certain chargers, where the phone thinks it's on a dock.