1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Sideway Pics

I use Go SMS and when i send pics via GoSMS They always attatch sideways and the person i send them to they get them sidways, is there a way for them not to attatch/come out like that?

Default Re: Sideway Pics

i just posted the same annoying issue when i email pics and the person opens it and it's sideways! glad it's not only me but need to know if this is by design or flaw.

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

It's because the pics are such large files I believe, because I think when you reduce the size they send with correct orientation.... When I want to send a pic, I use the regular messaging app.

Sent wirelessly with Tapatalk.

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Ok I lied, I just tried a smaller pic and it was still sideways. The mms settings say it defaults to 640x480 so maybe if the original pic is taken with that size, it will work...?

Setting, screen display, uncheck auto rotate screen.

See if that helps

Having the same problem with Handcent. It was NOT like that on the Evo 4G

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elyeh View Post
    Setting, screen display, uncheck auto rotate screen.

See if that helps
    This does nothing for how a picture is rendered when being sent via mms.

Has there been any fixes for this? I'm having the exact same issue!!

Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Count me in. I thought it was an Android thing, as I was coming from webOS. At least give me an option to manually rotate it.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

This has to be a Samsung issue, cause it never happened on my Evo, I first noticed it on my wife's OG epic..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

It looks to be a Samsung camera app issue rather than a hardware one. I use Vignette and it keeps the image in portrait when taken that way (my guess is other camera apps will do the same but I haven't tested). The stock app seems to prefer landscape regardless of how you hold it (like how videos are always treated in landscape).

Happens to me as well! Thought it was just me!

All my pictures display and send the way the taken (vertical). Maybe a setting on the camera?
    havent had any problems and my camera is set to superfine.

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but i am having this issue, and its buggin the hell out of me...and I cant find a fix! Any help here?

Quote Originally Posted by GCMS View Post
    I use Go SMS and when i send pics via GoSMS They always attatch sideways and the person i send them to they get them sidways, is there a way for them not to attatch/come out like that?
    I have encountered this same issue. I use Go SMS also. When I want to send a picture, I open up Go SMS, press the MMS button on the bottom right, press pictures, and then choose which picture I would like to send. It will give you the option of rotating the picture (plus add a filter to it if you like) before you send it.

Not exactly a fix for the issue but it does keep from sending the picture sideways.