Home Email

elyeh

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Can I set up my phone so I can access my home email?
I already have google, but would also like to be able to log into my home email as well

Thanks

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
That is easily done with the Samsung e-mail app that comes with the phone or any of a number of apps available in the market. The manual explains how to set up your e-mail accounts.

packpackpack

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Can I set up my phone so I can access my home email?
I already have google, but would also like to be able to log into my home email as well

Thanks

Sure you can, but you could also set up Gmail to retrieve your pop3 mail so it all goes to one place. You could even set up labels to apply to the home mail to make it stand out. You could also send from either account when needed.

elyeh

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Will it work with outlook express?

I went to manual setup and do I use the sever names and ports shown on the phone or do i use what is shown on my email account properties?

I am having problems getting it set up so I can see my in box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
elyeh, I use Outlook 2010 and my phone syncs with my Outlook email account. I would assume Outlook Express settings are similar. You will use the same Outlook info as you have on your computer to setup your Outlook email on your phone. I have Road Runner so I enter my user name, password, incoming and outgoing server info. , etc. just as it is on my computer. Once you finish the setup, your emails should download. I have 9 email accounts setup as POP accounts on my phone, and they all sync ok. None are using an exchange server. By the way, I am using the K9 email app. Samsung's stock email app is sort of similar to setup. Hope this helps.

elyeh

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
My STMP server port on the computer is only 2 digits. when I try to do that it tells me it cant complete the setup. Cox told me to use thier incoming server port and use the sprints outgoing port.
I've done that and I still cant see my inbox.

Now If I email myself a new email I can see it but I can not see my folders or my read mail.

Things that make ya go hmmm:-\

redhdgirl417

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
elyeh, I use Outlook 2010 and my phone syncs with my Outlook email account. I would assume Outlook Express settings are similar. You will use the same Outlook info as you have on your computer to setup your Outlook email on your phone. I have Road Runner so I enter my user name, password, incoming and outgoing server info. , etc. just as it is on my computer. Once you finish the setup, your emails should download. I have 9 email accounts setup as POP accounts on my phone, and they all sync ok. None are using an exchange server. By the way, I am using the K9 email app. Samsung's stock email app is sort of similar to setup. Hope this helps.

Sorry to bring this one back to life but I'm having Charter email issues. When you set up your POP accounts on your Android, did it ever interfere with receiving emails in your Outlook? Ever since I set mine up yesterday I can only send not receive out of Outlook. HUGE problem and cannot find any answers (Charter rep = useless).