Phone is freezing alot lately

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Just the past week or 2 my phone has started freezing while running email, message & sometimes tapatalk.

Again this just started all of a sudden and that is without any additional apps.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Take the sd card out and run a scandisk and defrag in Windows. Move your sd apps to phone first.

I did this with my Evo a couple of times and my Galaxy Tab as well.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I did it on the phone on my Evo, but the Epic Touch doesn't show up as a removable drive, just a camera. I think if you have the right drivers, it will show up as a removable drive.

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I had these issues when I first got mine a couple of weeks ago. Would freeze when browsing, email, and pretty much any other app randomly. I finally decided to perform a factory reset, and to get a new SD card. Started slowly trying to add apps back to see if I could pick out which one might have been a culprit. But ever since my phone has been fine. Has not froze once since. So I guess the factory reset fixed it for me

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, I formated the sd card last night and will try it out for the day to see if it helps. If not I'll go down the factory reset route.

Thanks again to everyone for your suggestions.

niknak01

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I got my phone on Sept 16th and never had any problems with it. For the past two weeks, it has been freezing up and doing all kinds of crazy stuff. So I finally broke down and did a factory reset (reluctantly) but its been running smooth every since.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I'll need to do a factory reset. This is starting to make my work difficult.

Well let everyone know how it turns out.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I would venture to bet something in your system files got corrupted somehow. A factory reset should do the trick.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So how do you perform an factory rest on this thing? HTC has an option in settings but didnt see that anywhere.

Isnt there a power/volume rocker combo to do this?

Thanks!

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I knew I saw it some where.

Well here we go, I'll let everyone know how it turns out

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, the reset dreams took be going well so far. Tomorrow will be the true test once I've been able to really put this thing to work.

I'll let everyone know how things turn out.

Thanks again for ask the help!

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Oh and still havent put all of my music and photos back on yet so that will be one other test that this thing will need to pass as well.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, it seems that as soon as my email account starts seeing heavy traffic, the stock email app starts to freeze like crazy. Not sure if it would help to adjust the amount the mail box is syncing but I only have it set to 2 weeks and it is freezing again and its starting to force close itself.

This needs to be fixed soon or I will be in big trouble for work as I use email constantly on the go.

handsomeprince#AC

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
To the OP...if you're heavily reliant on timely receipt of emails; get another phone. I mean the S2 is a great phone; I really enjoy mine...but it doesn't handle emails well. However this isnt an S2 issue per se; more so an Android synching/push/pull issue. Basically the equation works out as so...a phone is not equal to or greater to one's job. So if youre risking any rifts or problems with your J-O-B over a phone's handling of email of all things...not worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz