Backing up files to PC hardrive or external hard drive?

Psychosaturn

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I got 21 GB of gam- I mean files that are important to me on my external sd card. I would like to back them up in case something happens. Perferably an external hard drive. Is this possible? Like using a usb cable to a external hard drive. I'd hate to buy a PC but if need be I will buy one This will help free up half my 32 GB.

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you can go directly to an ext. Hard drive, but I back my files once a month via usb using my laptop to my external hard drive takes a little bit of time with 10gb of info but you never no when the sd card will crash or a lost / stolen phone its with it!

Psychosaturn

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Or maybe I can copy to my phone internal memory then get new sd card and swith it and copy them there and then switch back to my main sd card right?

dollface

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I do this every week as well, I use a Seagate external 750GB hard drive. I just plug in my phone to my laptop and the file explorer window opens for it and I click on Card. Then I open My Computer on my laptop and open the file explorer for the Seagate. I created a folder on the Seagate called Android SD card. Then I merely Select All the folders on my phone card and drag them into the folder on the Seagate and it all transfers over.

Psychosaturn

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
So I would need to buy a PC to do the external hard drive method. Was hoping to just buy a HD and connect it to phone but I guess that is a no go. So the cheapest solution would be to buy another sd card. Then transfer my sd card files to internal phone memory and then pop in new sd card and save them there. Finally switch back to my original sd card. That is if I want to save big money right. Would this be safe? How reliable are sd cards? Just wanna make sure these 21 GB don't get lost. I did download all these GB on 3G so that in itself speaks volume. Just for the record 1 GB takes me about a little over an hour to dowload. So that is precious time I don't want to have to do again. Lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney