Text message problem...so annoying; anyone else??

handsomeprince#AC

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello kind and helpful folks of androidcentral. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this or knows a solution. When I send a long text message to people; instead of getting broken up into two seprate texts on their end...they just get one or two words from the entire original text I sent; not even one or two sentences from the original textl; but one or two words!

It happens to receivers that are on Sprint, Verizon, ATT and TMobile alike...what's going on?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Try GoSMS or Handcent......they allow you to set how the messages are split apart. Sounds like a network thing though..... or mishandling of a long message.. GoSMS and Handcent change super long texts into MMS .....

nickventure

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
This is apparently an issue for CDMA phones when messages are overlong. GoSMS, I know, has an option that splits up text messages automatically.

L A Z I Z A

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello kind and helpful folks of androidcentral. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this or knows a solution. When I send a long text message to people; instead of getting broken up into two seprate texts on their end...they just get one or two words from the entire original text I sent; not even one or two sentences from the original textl; but one or two words!

It happens to receivers that are on Sprint, Verizon, ATT and TMobile alike...what's going on?

I haven't had this problem. But yea, try GoSMS or Handcent like other's are saying. Handcent is pretty decent.