Could this have been a virus?

Android32

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I just had to get another phone from Asurion. My phone started freezing up. I would push an app and it would go to another one. My lock screen would jump all around when trying to open phone. I would type things and the phone would write different words.... What do y'all think? Could this have been some type of virus? Could it have been an app? How can I prevent this from ever happening again? What type of app do you recommend that can help....?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Android32

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory data reset. And still had same problems....I couldn't access my antivirus app to scan.It was like someone else was controlling my phone. I called Sprint tech support and the guy tried all he could from his end and still nothing. Wish I coulda ran a virus check on it. It just wouldn't allow me to access the app. So they (Sprint) connected me w Asurion and they sent me a new phone overnight. I just wanted to know if anyone knew what it could have been and how to prevent it from happening again. I always have an antivirus app and all setting turned up all the way. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Sent from my Epic touch using tapatalk!

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I doubt a virus would take control with you visually seeing it. I think those things happen mostly in the background. Maybe your actual screen and/or digitizer is messed up somehow.....good luck with the replacement!

Reactions: Android32

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Mobile OS viruses look to steal your personal information for financial gain usually, not make your phone freak out. Most likely, you just have a defective handset.

Sent from my E4GT via Tapatalk

Reactions: Android32

Android32

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Tks for the feedback! The phone that I'm speaking of was a replacement from Asurion. It was fine for a week, then had these problems.... Hopefully this one is ok. Tks again for the feedback.

Sent from my Epic touch using tapatalk!

nicholasyoung

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
funny cuz i was having problem with first phone i had epic 4g touch and had them send me new one now im havin same issuse with replacement with stock app no other apps downloaded so there something going on

Android32

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, I sure hope it doesn't happen again... I've reached my 30 day mark already. That would surely piss me off enough to never buy anything Samsung again! So far, so good w this one though. Fingers crossed.... Hope u get your back to normal.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie