1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Unhappy Weather Widget

Hey everyone,

Don't know if this was answered before (So don't beat me up ) but is there a problem with the acuweather widget and auto updating? I have my gps/location settings on and it finds my current location but when I move to other cities it does not auto locate and update. I came from an evo and sense did this with no problem. Its not a BIG deal but just an annoyance that I wanted to know if could be fixed. Is this a samsung problem, accuweather problem, or human error? Thanks
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Default Re: Weather Widget

I guess no one has the answer

Quote Originally Posted by whodatboy View Post
    I guess no one has the answer
    I do not think the weather widget that comes with the phone updates your location. It seems to update the weather but only for the location that you have saved in it. Seems pretty pointless.

Best advice, use something else...

has treated me well on the LG Optimus V and is even better on the GSII.

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The lack of auto-location update is why I ditched the lame stock clock (tapping it doesn't bring up alarms) and weather widgets for Fancy Widgets which has a great 4x1 combined clock/weather widget. I think I got it free from Amazon or GetJar. Well worth it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather Widget-sc20111008-173417.png  
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Thanks for the input.........I will try them

Beautiful Widgets has a nice homescreen clock app, too. I have mine set up with the Sense skin. Tapping clock goes to alarm, tap date goes to calendar, tap weather goes to forecast for current location.
    Weather Widget-uploadfromtaptalk1322192229730.png

My advice is download *beautiful widgets.* It works great! Even puts an accurate updated temp in your top left toolbar... You can customize the clock & weather widget...color of font....And if u like the old sence clock w weather widget it has one almost identical. Check it out. This phone isn't HTC. So it has no similarities of sence.... But it can customized more than any HTC ever could w/ a few add ons from the market. As far as the weather widget that comes w the phone, the larger one has a refresh button in lower right corner.. Just push that where ever u are and it should update. Beautiful widgets allows u to either use Accuweather or Google for your weather provider. I'm not big on Accuweather so I use Google. Its always been accurate for me.

Sent from my Epic touch using tapatalk!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Thanks for the tips/advice....I will try beautiful widgets along with a couple I found myself and play around with them a bit

Quote Originally Posted by DataHawg View Post
    Beautiful Widgets has a nice homescreen clock app, too. I have mine set up with the Sense skin. Tapping clock goes to alarm, tap date goes to calendar, tap weather goes to forecast for current location.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1322192229730.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	284.0 KB 
ID:	18150
    I liked HTC Sense on my Evo phones. Does this Sense widget have animated screens? I miss the rain animation I used to have on my Evo. Also, I noticed you have 3 rows of icons instead of two rows that the Touch screen allows. How did you get three rows? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by onthehunt View Post
    I liked HTC Sense on my Evo phones. Does this Sense widget have animated screens? I miss the rain animation I used to have on my Evo. Also, I noticed you have 3 rows of icons instead of two rows that the Touch screen allows. How did you get three rows? Thanks.
    Yes the weather is animated with rain, snow, sunny, etc. much like Sense. To get the extra icons on each homescreen I use ADW EX Launcher. You can also shrink the size of the dock on the bottom so it takes up less space.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

BeWeather app is best weather app/widget. Animations are similar to sense.