Red light coming from the proximity light sensor area

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed it this morning. I when to check my phone and what looked like notification light was steadily on. It was red and faint but noticeable from arms length. I rebooted and it was gone. anyone notice this on there's? My battery is still good , this didn't drain it but i don't know when this happen.

sko580

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have seen this other phones. I forget which one it is, but it is either a light sensor or proximity sensor. The light sensor is for the auto brightness on the screen and the proximity sensor is used to turn off the screen while the phone is against your ear while on a call.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I understand that but it was on while just sitting there on the dresser counter. I picked it up to look at the time and saw the light. Sometimes when i make a call . the screen would turn off and i would'nt have the phone near my face at all.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Bring it into Sprint. My guess (although, a bit far-fetched) is that something is wrong with the proximity sensor so that red light is sort of a sign that the proximity sensor is broken.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it sounds like your proximity sensor is getting stuck on. Could be your sensor is failing. If it continues you'll probably have to take it in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar