Wifi issue

Malkozaine

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having an issue where the wifi shows it's connected but doesnt seem to work?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

mrcminnesota

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I had my Epic 4G Touch replaced when I first got it - couldn't connect to WiFi - Did it happen suddenly or has it never connected? If you just got the phone, get it checked out by Sprint Tech/if something wrong and it is within 14 days, have them replace "with new phone." You could also try forget network, do soft reset (pull battery) and then reestablish wifi connection or maybe hard reset (factory reset).

zencowboy7

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have WiFi set up at home and also log on to a WiFi network at the office. While I have both networks set up on my E4GT, if I leave the house and head to the office with the WiFi enabled it won't connect to the office network until I turn it off and then back on again.

Try switching the WiFi off and back on and see if that helps your situation...

wburbage

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the same issue for a couple days now. I really noticed it yesterday when the OTA update failed. I tried to load a new ROM but I'm still having the issue. I'm going to try a few more things to see if they do the trick.

Update: I just tried my wifes nexus s 4g and that picks up our wifi fine, so its definitely the phone.

Last edited:

wburbage

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
It will usually work if you turn it off and back on again.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I've tried that, along with pulling the battery, and so far nothing has done the trick. It shows it as "connected" but it continues to scan and every time I try to access a network it times out. I switch off the wifi and I can get to the network again.

Taz420NJ

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
You need change your security from whatever it is now to wep on your wifi ... That will fix the staying connected issues..

Do you lock your front door with a piece of bubble gum when the deadbolt won't work too? Jeez I've heard some dumb suggestions in my day..

WEP is useless. I honestly can't believe that it's still being included as an option - let alone the default - on some routers (coughFIOScough).

Most routers default to channel 6, which is particularly congested. Try changing your router to a different channel like 2 or 11.

That said, mine picks up wifi just fine..

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Most routers default to channel 6, which is particularly congested. Try changing your router to a different channel like 2 or 11.

This is a great suggestion, and may very well be your problem. I had wifi connection issues at my office until I changed my router's wifi channel. Download the free App from the market called "Wifi Analyzer". Run it and look at the other wireless networks in your area to see what channel they're on. Then set your router channel manually to one that doesn't seem to get used much.

mrcminnesota

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
If you are having problems "after the update" (I was/it would not stay connected) and you have rebooted the phone/remove battery/stood on your head whatever....you will need to do a factory reset. Now, I followed the reset in which you use the power button and the up volume button process (if I can find the link will post) but that worked and I was able to keep the WiFi connected after the update.
As an FYI, if your phone previously connected to a bluetooth device and won't after the update, delete the device and readd the phone (I made the mistake and thought there was a bug - but finally figured that out...oh well!) Good luck:)

wburbage

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I tried to change the router channel but that didn't work so I ended up doing a factory reset. Now I'm back to a totally stock build so I have some fun ahead of me for tonight. Thanks for the suggestions.

Update: oh yea, the wifi does work after the reset

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463