Carrier IQ

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Does our phone have carrier IQ nstalled? How can you check this?

Yes it does. I forget where you can see it, but it will be listed in your running services or applications under the title something like IQAgent. Maybe someone else can chime in on exactly where to find it, as mine has been removed for some time now. It was on my list of primary motivations for rooting my phone.

dtg755

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes it does. I forget where you can see it, but it will be listed in your running services or applications under the title something like IQAgent. Maybe someone else can chime in on exactly where to find it, as mine has been removed for some time now. It was on my list of primary motivations for rooting my phone.

have you had any problems since rooting your phone? I rooted my evo and evo3d easily but the Los issues are worrying me and I'd hate to ruin a perfectly good phone

crankless

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I had 2 LOS problems almost back to back and my phone is bone stock and 7 days old (kinda worries me)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
have you had any problems since rooting your phone? I rooted my evo and evo3d easily but the Los issues are worrying me and I'd hate to ruin a perfectly good phone

Nope, not that I would call problems. I had 2 total LOS ever, both times while running a custom kernel built from Samsung's source code. Never when running a stock kernel.

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Lots of news on Carrier IQ, so Google it if you want details, but it's basically tracking software that a lot of vendors are installing on their phones. Company says it only captures performance data, but it has the potential to capture any keystrokes.

LOS is Loss Of Service ... some E4GT owners have seen a bug where your phone loses all connectivity and you have to reboot to get it back. Usually has to do with roaming or a lack of signal for some period of time ... seems like the phone gives up trying to connect and goes to "sleep".

Reactions: Sole07

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Im glad the government is involved because this angers me beyond belief. I hope this gets settled in a timely fashion and we get an update to opt out soon. Otherwise, if not, I hope a class action lawsuit ensues cause ill be right in the middle of it.

Samsung Galaxy S II from Sprint

aquaholik

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
The government is getting involved because no one told them about it. They are mad because they've missed out on years of spying.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
The government is getting involved because no one told them about it. They are mad because they've missed out on years of spying.

So true lol. Google has a lot of stuff back by CIA and other government agencies. If you don't believe me, continue living in the dark. You are tracked and watched more than you would even imagine.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah got it. And my E4GT is infected. damnit man!!

Everyone, Email dan@sprint.com and voice our opinions on this.

Root and remove it. I will be doing that soon. I have always known it was there, but just have been to lazy to root. Apple was already caught doing this as well I think? Sadly anything with a data connection can and is used as a method of spying by government agencies. Facebook was funded by the CIA lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon