Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How much would the Epic 4g cost with an upgrade?

Sorry I forgot to add "Epic 4g touch" On the title I'm thinking about buying the epic 4g touch tomorrow morning but I was on the sprint website and it doesn't say how much it would cost with an upgrade. I'm thinking its 200 but the 2 year agreement is 300. So honestly I don't know. Ive passed the $75 dollar decrease so this is the real upgrade.

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

Default Re: How much would the Epic 4g cost with an upgrade?

If you've gone through your 2 years, then it should be $200 on a 2 year contract. If you've gone through only one year, then it is between $325-$375 I can't remember right now haha
    The Officer
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Officerpolabear View Post
    If you've gone through your 2 years, then it should be $200 on a 2 year contract. If you've gone through only one year, then it is between $325-$375 I can't remember right now haha
    So I have to add 2 more years in order to get a discount on the phone?
    Last edited by BasedRawb; 12-01-2011 at 03:05 AM.

or you could buy off ebay/craigslist for $350-$400.

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy 4.2

I bought mine 3 days after launch only having the $75 upgrade and I paid $425 cause you don't get the instant rebate for a partial upgrade as they called it.

Sent from my beast of a phone... Galaxy S2

ROM
    EL26/Calkulin v2.7

Newegg.com has it for $149 + free 2-day shipping on an upgrade. That's where I just got mine.

I purchased mine Monday from Target. The price is $199 for an upgrade. If you turn in a working cell phone, of any kind they will take $100 off of that price. After tax I walked out paying $106.99. Be sure to check to make sure that the Target has a "Target Mobile Center" inside. If you are near a Super Target you should be ok. And it really is for any phone you turn in. I had a two year old flip phone that I got free when I started with Sprint 2 years ago.

its $99 for 2 yr upgrade right now on amazon wireless.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Yep, Just picked one up for myself and one for the father at $99.99 each. I'm so glad I waited.

Quote Originally Posted by androidpirate View Post
    its $99 for 2 yr upgrade right now on amazon wireless.
    Thanks to AndroidPirate's head's up on Friday I upgraded from the Optimus S to the Epic 4G Touch. Looking forward to getting it on Wednesday.
    Punk a$$ b1tcH

Quote Originally Posted by FitChicago View Post
    Thanks to AndroidPirate's head's up on Friday I upgraded from the Optimus S to the Epic 4G Touch. Looking forward to getting it on Wednesday.
    Me too!!
    Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch - Elocity A7

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ROM
    Calkulin2.5

Quote Originally Posted by vpolo14 View Post
    I purchased mine Monday from Target. The price is $199 for an upgrade. If you turn in a working cell phone, of any kind they will take $100 off of that price. After tax I walked out paying $106.99. Be sure to check to make sure that the Target has a "Target Mobile Center" inside. If you are near a Super Target you should be ok. And it really is for any phone you turn in. I had a two year old flip phone that I got free when I started with Sprint 2 years ago.
    I have not had any luck trying to do that. I've tried three Targets with the Mobile Centers, and none of them would give me a discount for turning in my fully functional Pre2.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cntchds View Post
    I have not had any luck trying to do that. I've tried three Targets with the Mobile Centers, and none of them would give me a discount for turning in my fully functional Pre2.

I ordered mine from amazon wireless for $99 w/2yr upgrade last friday should be here by midweek.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ROM
    Calkulin2.5

I'm hugely jealous. It's back up to 150 for a 2 year upgrade at Amazon. I am putting a lot of thought into whether I should return this Nexus S and buying the Epic or not. Anyone know if CA residents have to pay tax if you buy on Amazon wireless?

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

I believe they're supposed to charge tax for CA, but my receipt does not show tax added.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (considering Myn's)

For those who have upgraded via Amazon what were the additional charges? Activation and Upgrade fee?

i ordered mine from amazon on monday. i will let you all know as soon as i get it what they charged me for.

Quote Originally Posted by aclem08 View Post
    For those who have upgraded via Amazon what were the additional charges? Activation and Upgrade fee?
    there's a upgrade fee of $36 that will be charged to your sprint bill. the phone comes activated.

ROM
    EL26/Calkulin v2.7

No it doesn't come activated. You have to call in to do the ESN swap. There will even be a sticker on the box that says DO NOT TURN ON until the rep tells you to, or else you'll foul the activation process.

Also FYI, if you use a credit union for your banking, you'll get a discount off your main plan MRC and (mine at least) waives the activation/upgrade fee.. One more reason to dump the big banks and go CU!