Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint/Samsung releases 'los' fix?

Kinda looks like it here:

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Sprint/Samsung releases 'los' fix?

If I check for android update as described in your link, I am immediately presented with a screen saying that my software is up to date. No sign of it checking for new software.

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    If I check for android update as described in your link, I am immediately presented with a screen saying that my software is up to date. No sign of it checking for new software.
    Me too.
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

In all likelihood it is going to be pushed out slowly over a week or so. The update will probably hit each phone at various times throughout the push.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

nothing here either; wish we could force check like my Evo could

How do we force a manual update?

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    How do we force a manual update?
    i dont think we can

side note; the voicemail app has an update though!
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I got the voice mail update a couple of nights ago. No sign of the patch yet in Detroit.

No updates yet in Ann Arbor Mich. either (which doesn't tell you much since I'm sure it'll hit at the same time as Detroit... but I just wanted to say hi ).

Still none in the Sacramento, CA area.

I've seen reports of some people starting to get it. It's definitely starting to roll out.

Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
    Samsung - SPH-D710

Global Posts
    2,089 Global Posts

Did get it yet here in NYC! Maybe the people in areas most affected will get it first.

Rob sent this from his SPH-D710 using Tapatalk!
    [SIZE="2"]Robert L Astoria Queens, N.Y.C

- Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch! (SPH-D7110)
    - Asus TF300T
    - Nexus 7
    - Smartstick
    - MK808B

- Previously WebOS Palm Pre (Sprint)

ROM
    Zedomax OC 1.6 Ghz

I got it in Chicago, Illinois! i didn't update yet though, I was on the LoSt kernel so I flashed a stock kernel and now I get to wait even more.

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    ROM
    StarBurst ROM-LoStKernel

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    I've seen reports of some people starting to get it. It's definitely starting to roll out.

JayWill, I see you are running a rom / kernel and are therefore (I'm assuming) rooted. Are you going to download and install the update when it (if it) rolls to your device or are you just going to update in another way?

I'm running the latest version of StarBurst ROM (1.98r I think), which obviously has a bunch of changes. I don't want to lose the features of the ROM because I'm really digging it's perks, but I definitely want the update to fix my crazy LOS problems. How are you going to approach it? And what would you recommend? Thanks for your help (in advance)...
    "It’s only after we have lost everything that we are free to do anything…"

Tyler Durden

HTC Touch --> Samsung Instinct --> HTC Touch Pro --> Palm Pre --> Epic 4G

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

Still nothing near Chicago

Got mine. Cameron Park, CA.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint/Samsung releases 'los' fix?-sc20111207-143918.png  

was able to get the update notification after restarting my phone!

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

Quote Originally Posted by clittle200 View Post
    was able to get the update notification after restarting my phone!
    damn that didnt work for me; is it Update Android or Update Firmware?

didnt have to go to either one of those options, update notification just appeared on screen in about 5 minutes after I restarted phone

Quote Originally Posted by RawisTheGameHhH View Post
    damn that didnt work for me; is it Update Android or Update Firmware?
    According to Sprint's website, you would click Update Android.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonol2 View Post
    JayWill, I see you are running a rom / kernel and are therefore (I'm assuming) rooted. Are you going to download and install the update when it (if it) rolls to your device or are you just going to update in another way?
    No. The update is a delta off the EG30 base firmware, not a full system (saves on data bandwidth by doing it this way), so it will only update an original system. It will probably let you download the update, but the install will fail.

If you are on the EG30 baseband (modem), you can download and flash the EK02 modem in CWM. You can also flash the stock EK02 kernel this way as well. These were pulled off a phone a couple weeks ago that got the update early. If Phantom Hacker updates Starburst to the EK02 base, then you'll technically have the full update.

When Calkulin updated his ROM to the EK02 base, I had the full update at that time. I'm not even sure if the system is going to prompt me that an update is available as I technically already have it heh. I'm thinking not.
    Thanked by:

I definitely dont want to be the first. Sammy doesnt exactly have the best track record for updates. But then again i am thinking of the Epic 4G. LOL
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+

Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    I definitely dont want to be the first. Sammy doesnt exactly have the best track record for updates. But then again i am thinking of the Epic 4G. LOL
    This update works well. I've been running it for a couple of weeks with no issues. The only thing I've read about is a rare WiFi bug where you can connect to WiFi but cannot transmit data. Samsung knows about it, because they asked someone who they pushed the update out to early if they had experienced it. But apparently it didn't happen often enough for them to delay the update.

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    ROM
    StarBurst ROM-LoStKernel

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    No. The update is a delta off the EG30 base firmware, not a full system (saves on data bandwidth by doing it this way), so it will only update an original system. It will probably let you download the update, but the install will fail.

If you are on the EG30 baseband (modem), you can download and flash the EK02 modem in CWM. You can also flash the stock EK02 kernel this way as well. These were pulled off a phone a couple weeks ago that got the update early. If Phantom Hacker updates Starburst to the EK02 base, then you'll technically have the full update.

When Calkulin updated his ROM to the EK02 base, I had the full update at that time. I'm not even sure if the system is going to prompt me that an update is available as I technically already have it heh. I'm thinking not.
    I think I'll do just that... Go find stable versions of the EK02 modern and kernel and just flash those through CWM rather than wait for the update to push. Hopefully it doesn't interfere too much with phantom's theme and ROM...
    "It’s only after we have lost everything that we are free to do anything…"

Tyler Durden

HTC Touch --> Samsung Instinct --> HTC Touch Pro --> Palm Pre --> Epic 4G

Nothing yet in Central Florida.
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast