I'm sick of the keyboard not keeping up...

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Trying to type you but I type so fast that the keyboard can't keep up and 9 times out of 10 types yuan. I'm also tired of the word suggestions covering what I'm typing but don't want to use another keyboard.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: I'm sick of...

Wish I could delete this thread. I created an auto substitution for yu and made it you so that it wouldn't type yuan. Sorry for the useless post.

repinphilly247

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site

I feel your pain. I type so quick that any "th" word like the, then, there, etc. all default to he, hen, here. It's frustrating. Using swiftkey x now but tried go keyboard. It's really annoying but have to deal with it.

Ogre840

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Sorry for caps but I feel it needed...

WHY CAN'T SWYPE UNDERSTAND "THAT'S"!?

Ugh, about 5 attempts, or giving up and type in "T" "H" "A" manually and oh, 2nd suggestion is "That's"

At least it's not trying to put in "Ghats" like it used to on my EVO...

This thread is now about mini-rants and cocktails! (I'll take a sidecar)

dollface

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

Sorry for caps but I feel it needed...

WHY CAN'T SWYPE UNDERSTAND "THAT'S"!?

Ugh, about 5 attempts, or giving up and type in "T" "H" "A" manually and oh, 2nd suggestion is "That's"

At least it's not trying to put in "Ghats" like it used to on my EVO...

This thread is now about mini-rants and cocktails! (I'll take a sidecar)

If you do type in a word in swype and then long press the word it will add it to your dictionary and next time you swype it, it should use it.

dollface

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I used to use the default swype keyboard but then found Thumb Keyboard and find I can type much faster and more accurately using that keyboard then swyping.