make the galaxy s2 e4gt have card apps swipe away close

arcolino

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
can I setup the phone or install an app that will setup cards for the apps and I can swipe away to close?

new to phone please provide steps to get to what you are suggesting. thx.

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Not yet ... but now that WebOS is dead and has been Open Sourced, I expect enterprising ROM makers to incorporate cards (or other WebOS goodies) into their roms.

Donato13

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Nope unfortunately this is not webos quite yet, but with ICS is coming soon that will be a reality. Since one of the main developers od webos is working on ICS so prerty much all the things we're missing now will come to Android eventually.

arcolino

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Perfect task switcher although there is no reason to close apps like you want to.

http://db.tt/JXU4E3Um

I read that too, its efficient for the phone to be managed one of the things I loved about the pre was the cards feature, u can have many cards up and one active u press the middle button to make it not active and just another card then to close swipe up and the app is closed. I just checked my task manager on the phone there are 3 apps running, now 2 it seems the phone will eventually close all that is not running, which is cool but I would also like to swipe away and close as well. no biggie just would be nice. Ill try out the perfect task switcher.

Unibrow

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I came from a Pre although this is my second run with Android. I have Perfect task switcher bound to my home key, double tapping home will bring you to your default launcher if you have it set up this way. I find it makes doing multiple things easier within android, some people don't like it though. Runs really smoothly on the SGS2 although not so great on my Evo more than likely due to memory constraints.

As far as tasks "running" here's a good read on how Android does multitasking from the Google devs blog.

Android Developers Blog: Multitasking the Android Way

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm a Palm Pre "Transplant", missing my cards too. While there's no "Card App" that I know of, I have been enjoying WaveLauncher, which stole the whole Launch Wave concept directly from WebOS. So now, I can bring up most (12) of my favorite and often used apps by simply sliding up the App Wave from within any other App. It's the closest thing to WebOS true Multi-Tasking and Switching that I've been able to find in Android. Give it a try! --- On a side note, I grabbed the ADW Launcher during the Android Market "Dime Deal", and I'm really liking it, as it plays well with both WaveLauncher and CircleLauncher!