VCard through MMS?

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Just got a Galaxy S II. Had someone send me a vcard contact through SMS / MMS. Message comes in with an attachment, but phone thinks it is a video? How do you import it in as a contact? Always came in simply as a contact on my old Evo 4G.

dvigilante1

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Just got a Galaxy S II. Had someone send me a vcard contact through SMS / MMS. Message comes in with an attachment, but phone thinks it is a video? How do you import it in as a contact? Always came in simply as a contact on my old Evo 4G.

I created an androidcentral account just to complain about the same issue. Does anyone know of a fix? Seems like there should be an easy solution. Especially for this high end smartphone.

game40love

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks,

Don't know if you've solved this problem or not. I had this issue with my Epic Touch. Here are the steps ( I can only talk abut Epic Touch):

1. When someone send you vcard via sms, you open it as a video file. While it's playing it, click on menu, then click on Attached item.

2. Check the box and save the vcard to download. You should see a message saying "Attachment saved to your SD card"

3. You need an app such as ASTRO from the Market.

4. Open the app ASTRO, and scroll down to the folder "Download", you should be able to see your "vcard".

5. Click on Vcard, a window pops up and ask you "Complete action using: Contacts, File Editor, etc"

Good luck,

gronimo21

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
click the message and click save go to your app folder hit file manager go to download and click on the card it will save to your contacts