Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest update?

    Hey guys, can someone who has already received their update share if their Android OS percentage under battery usage has changed? I read that it is supposed to be "fixed" in Android 2.3.5, and if we are getting upgraded to 2.3.6, I would like to know if its battery usage has gone down. Also, did anyone notice any better signal, improved 4G connection and internet speeds? Still no update for my device yet, and I am itching to know if battery life and connection strengths have improved. Please share your experience and any noticed non-visual changes after the update.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

    Noticed my signal strenght in my office is almost full bars compared to the single bar i had before.

    GPS finds my postion now when down in the parking garage. Before it had me located a block away.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

    My 3g speed went from .28 mbps to 1.02.. And my 4g went from 4.2 mbps up to 12.3 mbps
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

    My os percent is still in the 20s
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

    Just got 2.3.6 this morning.
  6. #6  

    Default

    I see no change in the android usage. One problem I was having was that the worse suggestions in the keyboard would cover what I was typing. Now when I click on a text box it scrolls up so that I can see everything.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Oh and the notification bar doesn't fight me when I try to swype it up anymore.
    fasnic likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy5111 View Post
    Oh and the notification bar doesn't fight me when I try to swype it up anymore.
    I know it is silly but I got really frustrated with that before and am very glad they addressed that issue!
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

    This update along with the flash update fixed streaming video problems on some sites. Cough* xhamster* cough. Which lagged like crazy before.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

    Thanks for reporting back that the update worked. Im leary of them because of what happened with the Epic 4G
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

    How do i get this upgrade you speak of. tried to get it manually. it says i m up to date bt i still have android 2.3.4
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

    Knotsure: it's randomly pushed, you'll know when you have it

    It didn't fix the os bug, mine was running at 60% an hr after the update and it was close to idle
  13. #13  
    oskar1995's Avatar

    Posts
    320 Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

    I also noticed the lack of "fighting" when trying to swipe the notification bar up. Realized this was a nice little change that I didn't recognize at first. Overall, I seem to have slightly better service (was pretty good to begin with), and the phone still seems snappy. I'll be running a full speed test in different locations and will report back if I see anything different.
    Jeff
    Galaxy S3, Epic 4G Touch, Photon, Evo, Pre, Pixi, Moto Q, BB Curve, PPC-6700
    Addicted to cell phones since 1998
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

    Updated yesterday and haven't seen much of an impact on signal strength, cellular or wifi. I didn't have the LOS issue but signal strength, especially wifi and sprint data download speeds, has never been that great.

    I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I'm getting an extra confirmation message when trying to delete an open email using the stock email client. Before the update I could open an email and quickly hit the trashcan icon at the top of the client to immediately delete an email and open the next email. Now, after I click the trashcan icon, I get a message asking me to confirm the deletion. I can't find any setting to change this behavior. Not really a fan of the extra click.
  15. #15  

    Unhappy Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

    Quote Originally Posted by treotimAC View Post
    Updated yesterday and haven't seen much of an impact on signal strength, cellular or wifi. I didn't have the LOS issue but signal strength, especially wifi and sprint data download speeds, has never been that great.

    I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I'm getting an extra confirmation message when trying to delete an open email using the stock email client. Before the update I could open an email and quickly hit the trashcan icon at the top of the client to immediately delete an email and open the next email. Now, after I click the trashcan icon, I get a message asking me to confirm the deletion. I can't find any setting to change this behavior. Not really a fan of the extra click.
    I noticed this too. The other annoying thing I noticed is that on the keyboard, instead of holding the "Q" key down for a smiley, I need to hit the home key to get an 'insert smiley' option. Too many extra steps to do the things I want to do quckl;y.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

    So I got the update finally this morning. All went well, except I am noticing decreased speeds after the update ... Immediately before update I was pulling at rate of 1300-1500kbps on 3G, and immediately after update it went to 600-700kbps. On 4G, speeds went from 9Mbps range to 7Mbps range. These tests were done immediately before and after the update. Signal at my home also went from 4 bars to 3 bars. However GPS probably seems to have improved by a very tiny bit. Any suggestions for me to try??
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

    Quote Originally Posted by spudly12 View Post
    I noticed this too. The other annoying thing I noticed is that on the keyboard, instead of holding the "Q" key down for a smiley, I need to hit the home key to get an 'insert smiley' option. Too many extra steps to do the things I want to do quckl;y.
    I just noticed smiley option is gone from Q or W, cant remember which key had it originally. Cant find it at all now. Which home key are you talking about?
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

    Quote Originally Posted by taylormah View Post
    I just noticed smiley option is gone from Q or W, cant remember which key had it originally. Cant find it at all now. Which home key are you talking about?
    _
    The permanent |=| key on the far left / bottom row of the phone. Press this while the keyboard is up and you get an 'insert smiley' option.

    I would not classify this as an improvement!
  19. #19  
    rlanza1054's Avatar
    Samsung - SPH-D710

    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,089 Global Posts

    Default

    If you are using Skype, they moved the language key to be the upper key on the Q.

    Also, a whole bunch of apps broke on me.

    I personally wish I could go back to the firmware I had before.

    Rob

    Rob sent this from his SPH-D710 via Tapatalk
    [SIZE="2"]Robert L Astoria Queens, N.Y.C

    - Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch! (SPH-D7110)
    - Asus TF300T
    - Nexus 7
    - Smartstick
    - MK808B

    - Previously WebOS Palm Pre (Sprint)
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

    Quote Originally Posted by taylormah View Post
    So I got the update finally this morning. All went well, except I am noticing decreased speeds after the update ... Immediately before update I was pulling at rate of 1300-1500kbps on 3G, and immediately after update it went to 600-700kbps. On 4G, speeds went from 9Mbps range to 7Mbps range. These tests were done immediately before and after the update. Signal at my home also went from 4 bars to 3 bars. However GPS probably seems to have improved by a very tiny bit. Any suggestions for me to try??
    Update Profile and PRL. Shut off phone. Pull batt for 1 minute and replace. Turn on phone. That should help.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

    Default Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

    Quote Originally Posted by spudly12 View Post
    _
    The permanent |=| key on the far left / bottom row of the phone. Press this while the keyboard is up and you get an 'insert smiley' option.

    I would not classify this as an improvement!
    Hey spudly, I still couldn't locate it.. Did you mean a persistent equal sign (=) key, since I dont have it on my swype and I did a press-n-hold on all keys and still didn't get any insert smiley option. Can you please tell me the orientation of the keyboard and surrounding keys of the key in question so I could locate it.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

    I'm pretty sure that before the update, I would not be able to scroll left when I was on page 1 of my applications to the last page (and scroll right from the last page to the first page). It now allows me to go from page 1 to last page of applications and vice versa without having to scroll through all the pages inbetween. - so it's continuous I'm 98% sure that wasn't the case before the update.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

    I haven't updated and my E4GT allows me to scroll from page 1 to last page of applications and vice versa without having to scroll through all the pages in between.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Shine View Post
    I haven't updated and my E4GT allows me to scroll from page 1 to last page of applications and vice versa without having to scroll through all the pages in between.
    Makes sense! I haven't had the phone long enough, but I must have been confusing it for the homepage which doesn't allow you to scroll from first to last page (and still doesn't). Thanks for clarifying.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Did you notice non-visual improvements after the latest updat

    I've noticed one visual change. When you are scrolling in a menu or on a web page and reach the end of the screen, a blue tint extends partially onto the screen. Has anybody else noticed this?

    Edit to add: I thought the title said visual improvements, but just realized my error. Oh well, I'll guess I'll leave this for anybody who's curious.
    Last edited by JMU_GSII; 12-13-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B