led notification is not as god as Blackberry

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I am dissapointed with the led notification light. From what i can tell it will light up blue and red and thats it. I came from BB and was expecting more customization with the led. I also miss the keyboard. other than that i love this phone. hope they upgrade the notification led on the next galaxy S handset.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Blue and Red = purplish.
I dont recall the LEDs in there being anything other then Blue and red. I think to make what ever color your asking it to do its basically turning both on.

To the OP, im surprised your not also mentioning the lack of individual notifications for each email address. I too had a blackberry many moons ago and i missed the customization you could do with the notifications on an individual email address level. But overall the android experience makes up for it. For now. LOL

Taz420NJ

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah there's simply two LEDs in there, a red and a blue. It's not a tri-color (RGB) LED, so it can't create the full spectrum.

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. its true, the android exp more than makes up for the lack of the full spectrum LeD i guess you cant have it all. But maybe someone from samsung will read this and upgrade that silly little led. On another topic.... I hate typing on a virtual keyboard. Really miss my BB buttons. Then again, my screen is almost 3 inches bigger:)

Taz420NJ

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Compared to the Instinct touch screen (resistive) I'm coming from, the keyboards on the E4GT touchscreen (capacitive) are butter smooth and super accurate. I got a typing speed boost just from having to correct less typos. I wasn't sure I'd like Swype either, but I'm getting good at it, and it's growing on me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol