Troubleshooting Question- Wifi Problems

Erwuxvcm

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
So I got my Galaxy S2 just yesterday, and immediately rooted it to get rid of all the sprint bloatware. Now, though, the wifi isn't working. Works fine for my laptop, but whenever I go and turn it on for the phone, turns on, searches for networks for a minute, then the wifi turns back off. I've turned it on to try and find the network a bunch of times, and reset my router twice. Anyone else have this problem? Any idea what could cause it?

stdeane

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Most likely something to do with it being rooted. Did you try un-rooting it to see if it makes a diff?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Erwuxvcm

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I only want to do that as a last resort, since I've already set up a bunch of stuff that relies on root access. Is there anyway to tell if its the root without unrooting? I didn't have wifi on the blackberry I had before this and so I think I'll just keep it rooted if it comes to that.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Based on what info you have provided, sounds like you may have caused the problem sometime between rooting and deleting stuff.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Based on what info you have provided, sounds like you may have caused the problem sometime between rooting and deleting stuff.

Yeah. A lot depends on 1) how you rooted and 2) what you removed. Also, it sounds like you never tried to connect prior to rooting, so it's difficult to nail down what could be causing the problem.

Erwuxvcm

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I did connect prior to rooting. Sorry, should have included that. I just flashed a new kernal. (Stock EG-30). I still have Root Access, but I also still don't have wi-fi. I thought a new kernel would have fixed it.

EDIT: I rooted through the mac terminal using Heimdall. Any suggestions for Kernels that you can verify work with wifi/gps

EDIT EDIT: JayWill, I jacked your kernel. Noticed you were using something called Rogue v1.3.0, and figured if you were having wifi problems you'd have said something. Flashed your kernel, Wifi worked right away. Thanks for your direct and indirect assistance in welcoming me to the world of android.

Last edited: