Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: I Found an Epic 4G Touch Extended Battery & Protective Case C

Quote Originally Posted by djjr50 View Post
    Calm down folks...there is a difference, but not a big enough difference to where the battery pack will not work. Here are the specs from Samsung's website directly.

• AT&T - Display size = 4.5"; Overall size = 5.15" x 2.75" x 0.37"
    • Sprint Epic 4G Touch - Display size 4.52"; Overall size = 5.11" x 2.74" x 0.38"

As you can see, the overall size is different, but barely. The biggest determination on how well it fits will be the radius of the corners.

The battery probably will work, but the case WILL NOT. The camera is a different shape, the camera speaker and audio jack are in a different location, and there's one other small detail I forgot to mention. The led light is know a different location.

Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy1975 View Post

The battery probably will work, but the case WILL NOT. The camera is a different shape, the camera speaker and audio jack are in a different location, and there's one other small detail I forgot to mention. The led light is know a different location.

Unless you are talking about the LED Flash on the back, then you might be overlooking that this case does NOT cover the front. Maybe some of you didnt look at it well enough but it grasps the edges, which doesnt hinder the LED notification light, proximity sensor, earpiece, front camera, etc. I'd take a look at the pics from Amazon. And the Original Poster has already confirmed that it works well with the camera on back. Amazon.com: PowerSkin Protective Case with Built-in Battery for Samsung Galaxy SII SkyRocket (AT&T) AP1516i72, Black
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue

Quote Originally Posted by djjr50 View Post
    Unless you are talking about the LED Flash on the back, then you might be overlooking that this case does NOT cover the front. Maybe some of you didnt look at it well enough but it grasps the edges, which doesnt hinder the LED notification light, proximity sensor, earpiece, front camera, etc. I'd take a look at the pics from Amazon. And the Original Poster has already confirmed that it works well with the camera on back. Amazon.com: PowerSkin Protective Case with Built-in Battery for Samsung Galaxy SII SkyRocket (AT&T) AP1516i72, Black
    Um yea it does.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

No problem about the difference. My eyesight is far from 20/20. But fortunately the case is working for me. I was just so frustrated in purchasing an extended battery and not having a protective case to accompany it. But thanks for the clarification.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

A third opinion would be good. And you are right, I am new to the forum. But I just wanted to share what was good news to me. It is definitely worth taking a look. Thanks again.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

By the way, although I am new to this site (as well noted), I love the energy. Thanks for accepting my post and chiming in. I can't challenge all of the different arguments, all I know is that my case is in it, it fits perfectly, and it works perfectly. Out of all my research of looking for an option that would provide both an extended battery as well as protective case, this is the best yet. However, maybe in due season, they will sell a comparably case specifically stated to work for the Epic 4G touch (to put the minds of those that may be skeptical at rest). Nevertheless, I returned my Seidio extended battery today and could not be more pleased.

By the way, interestingly enough, whereas I was getting an extra 4-5 hours out of my Seidio extended battery, today I notice I got an extra 6-7 hours out of this case. But that may be the exception and not the rule. Either way, If this case helps one person (who was as desperate as I am to find a feasible extended battery/protective case solution), then this post would have been worth it.

Again, thanks for your energy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wise-Wright View Post
    By the way, although I am new to this site (as well noted), I love the energy. Thanks for accepting my post and chiming in. I can't challenge all of the different arguments, all I know is that my case is in it, it fits perfectly, and it works perfectly. Out of all my research of looking for an option that would provide both an extended battery as well as protective case, this is the best yet. However, maybe in due season, they will sell a comparably case specifically stated to work for the Epic 4G touch (to put the minds of those that may be skeptical at rest). Nevertheless, I returned my Seidio extended battery today and could not be more pleased.

By the way, interestingly enough, whereas I was getting an extra 4-5 hours out of my Seidio extended battery, today I notice I got an extra 6-7 hours out of this case. But that may be the exception and not the rule. Either way, If this case helps one person (who was as desperate as I am to find a feasible extended battery/protective case solution), then this post would have been worth it.

Again, thanks for your energy!!!
    Pictures or it didn't happen.

I would really like to see pictures of this on the phone. I understand that you say it fits but i am really picky about fitment of my cases. I have thrown cases away if they are not a perfect fit.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

ROM
    UnNamed v.2.0.1

Went to the att store after work. They did not carry said case, and amazon is out of stock. At this point, i will need to see some pictures of the case on the epic 4g touch to believe it. Theres subtle diff's between the sprint and att version that dont really add up: the camera lens shape, speakerphone port, rounded edges, etc. I still dont understand the "two battery" explanation. This case uses ur stock 1800mah batt as well as a 1500mah batt built in? How does the phone just switch power sources? Very confused...

I just want to know why there are so limited options for cases, batteries, etc. for one of the most popular phones ever.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

I will get my camera today and take photos. However, if the system you have is working, there is no need to change. But if you are looking for an alternative to no alternative (as it pertains to extended battery life and protection), then it is worth a trip to the AT&T store to at least take a look.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Imagine the case as an extra battery source (back up battery) that when you turn on (with the push on the on/off switch on the back) adds an extra 1500 mah to your 1800 mah standard battery. Again, I will post photos of my phone today. I just have to take some photos and upload them. Stay tuned.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

OK, My Mac doesn't take the best photos, but I tried to at least capture you descent enough photos to give you an ideal of how this case looks and works. If I need to take better ones, then please advise.

Thanks!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I Found an Epic 4G Touch Extended Battery & Protective Case Combo-photo-2011-12-16-06.37.jpg   I Found an Epic 4G Touch Extended Battery & Protective Case Combo-photo-2011-12-16-06.38-2.jpg   I Found an Epic 4G Touch Extended Battery & Protective Case Combo-photo-2011-12-16-06.38-3.jpg   I Found an Epic 4G Touch Extended Battery & Protective Case Combo-photo-2011-12-16-06.38.jpg   I Found an Epic 4G Touch Extended Battery & Protective Case Combo-photo-2011-12-16-06.39-2.jpg  

I Found an Epic 4G Touch Extended Battery & Protective Case Combo-photo-2011-12-16-06.39.jpg   I Found an Epic 4G Touch Extended Battery & Protective Case Combo-photo-2011-12-16-06.40.jpg  

That case looks like *** on there.

You do have pretty fingernails though...
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Thanks for the compliment DrummerBoy1975. Actually, I could use a manicure. As it pertains to the case, I guess it is just a personal preference. In my opinion, I like it a lot better than when I had the seidio extended battery and its replacement back cover. Plus, it did not offer any protective properties, just a back cover panel. I am dropping my phone too much to simply not have both an extended battery and some form of protection. And to date, this is the best option I have found. If anyone on this forum discovers any better solutions, I am definitely all ears and would appreciate them sharing. Thanks again and take care!!!

Thanks for the pictures. It looks like it fits good. Its pretty big though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I still don't see how your speaker isn't covered by the case if its for the Skyrocket.

Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Nice! Thanks for the pics. That should give some doubters an idea of how negligible the size difference is between the phones.

So, do you insert the phone into it like a rubber/silicone sleeve? Or does it come apart somewhere and you slide it in?
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

DrummerBoy1975, after receiving your feedback, I took my phone to the Sprint store and asked them to look at it. They were amazed to see how ideally this case fit and worked with their phone (Epic 4G Touch). After examining, they said that everything appeared to line up ideally besides the speaker being off by a mm. Interestingly enough, they observed that I could still talk and hear with no problem; and that this did not affect communication. Nevertheless, being the stickler that I am, I had him to slightly enlarge the opening for the speaker that was already there (which was only off by a smidgen) and it did the trick. I realize now that the phones are not perfectly 100% identical, but the 99% commonalities makes this case the ideal case for me. Again, if the options currently used are doing the trick for you, then there is no need to change by any means. But as an earlier poster (Murphy5111) replied, the options for our Epic 4G touch are just so limited and virtually non-existent. Therefore, until viable options come available, this one (by far) is the one that works best for me!!!
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

Thanks for the support djjr50. I was actually expecting more excitement about this option than received. But, nonetheless, I am glad to have had the opportunity to post and share this information. To answer your question, it does simply slide in like a rubber/silicone sleeve. What's so ideal is that the battery is built in the case. So, you plug the case cable into your phone, quickly and smoothly insert your phone, and you are in business. I cannot believe the amount of battery talk time I have. I was so frustrated with spending $70 for a Seidio battery and could never double my talk time (even after discharging it and recharging it several times). But this one is simply and straightforward and considering that no other comparable options (as it pertains to both having an extended battery and protective case) are just not available, I will count my blessings on finding this one. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have anymore questions.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Thanks 2ndaccord. It may appear big, but for an extended battery/protective case combo, it is actually sleek compared to my ballistic case I was initially using with simply my standard Epic 4G Touch battery. You still may want to go to your local AT&T store and check it out. It is just nice to have some type of an option until more attractive options become available. Thanks again!!!

Y'all do know that there are several Otterbox like cases available for our phone?

Seidio has one as does Ballistic and several others.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

DrummerBoy1975, there are actually numerous cases (probably too many to count) including the Otterbox that are available for our Epic 4G touches. That was not the challenge. The challenge was the availability of any protective cases that would accommodate an extended battery. Even Seidio provides a replacement door with its extended battery but not a protective case (although they do for other phones). So, this post is not for those simply looking for a case but a viable option to securing both an extended battery coupled with a protective casing solution.

ROM
    UnNamed v.2.0.1

Those pictures are great! Thanks for sharing them, Wise. This solves the issue of the camera shape not being the same, because the case just has a whole top 1/3 section cut out at the top. However, as for the speaker port on the backside on the bottom, the sprint version is on the left, where the att version is on the right. It's not a mm difference, it's a 1" difference. Other than that, the phone dimensions themselves are negligible on case fit - I'm sure it's snug as a bug in a rug.

If ATT or Frys or Best Buy ever carry it, then I'll check it out. Thanks!
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

Chrisingrassia, thanks for your kind words. However, the case that I have has the insert for the speaker itself on the left side of the phone (the same exact side that the speaker port is one my Epic 4G touch). So, I don't know why they would put the AT&T Skyrocket phone speaker's port on the right yet put the speaker port on the case on the left. So, something is not right here. So, for credibility purposes, please see the attached photo (I took the phone out the case and lined it up) of phone speaker port and the opening on the AT&T skyrocket case for the speaker port. They are not only both on the same side (the left side) but they are almost perfectly aligned (off by a mm). The picture speaks for itself. And even it being off by only a smidgen, it still did not affect the speaker quality (although I slightly extended this opening). Hope this helps. Thanks!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I Found an Epic 4G Touch Extended Battery & Protective Case Combo-speaker-phone.jpg  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast