Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: I Found an Epic 4G Touch Extended Battery & Protective Case C

I sure hope they have some software improvement.
    I picked up one of the Skyrocket ones to test out and was really NOT impressed.
    It would charge a battery that is 40% up to about 80%. Maybe there is softare internall that i am not aware of that made it work better with the Skyrocket. That or i got a DUD unit..

Either way i tried it for a week and felt it wasnt worth the extra heat it creates, the extra weight and size.
    I did like the fact that it was a good soft case to protect it from falls, and i liked the fact i wasnt putting extra wear and tear on the phones micro usb port.

ROM
    UnNamed v.2.0.1

I posted this over on a different extended battery thread, but figured I would post on this thread, too, in case people didn't read the other one:

"I just wanted to let ya'll know I bought the Trexcell 3800mah batt about 2 weeks ago. It comes with the back cover, but they ALSO just custom-made a black TPU case for it. I ordered it on Tuesday and should be here next week. But in the meantime, I've been using my standard TPU case and I just cut out a section in the back.

For people like me, who use their phones only sporadically throughout the day, texts here and there, don't use GPS, 4G, or Bluetooth rarely, and have brightness set to Automatic, this batt is a godsend. It's awesome only having to charge every 3-4 days. I have wifi on when I'm home, and turn it off when I go to work. I'm still conditioning the battery, so it will get better and better with time. In case you're wondering, the extended cover only adds about 3.5mm to the outside of the phone. Even with the battery, it's still thinner than my Samsung Intercept I was using before.

This is just info from my experience....take it or leave it. If you just have snide remarks, keep'em to yourself. I agree, the case looks unattractive now with my cutting, but the custom TPU case from Trexcell will be nice once I get it. I'm sure there are users out there like me though, who love Android and the mfr's for allowing batt changes and aren't power users. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I Found an Epic 4G Touch Extended Battery & Protective Case Combo-sc20120115-081221.png   I Found an Epic 4G Touch Extended Battery & Protective Case Combo-photo-20on-202012-01-19-20at-2012_53-20-2.jpg   I Found an Epic 4G Touch Extended Battery & Protective Case Combo-photo-20on-202012-01-19-20at-2012_53.jpg   I Found an Epic 4G Touch Extended Battery & Protective Case Combo-photo-20on-202012-01-19-20at-2012_54-20-2.jpg   I Found an Epic 4G Touch Extended Battery & Protective Case Combo-photo-20on-202012-01-19-20at-2012_54.jpg  

I Found an Epic 4G Touch Extended Battery & Protective Case Combo-photo-20on-202012-01-19-20at-2012_55.jpg  

I posted here before about the 3800 mah extended battery. I got it also from Trexcell on Amazon.com. It's wonderful and yes, Trexcell just came out with an extended tpu case which is incredible protection. I used a leather case by Reiko, which fits the extended batter epic 4g touch. I also found (from Seidio and also one at Best Buy) a belt clip holster that holds my extended battery phone, so there are now alternatives out there.

I have a 4000 mah extended battery and the back from the Trexcell battery cover might fit it. The battery is by seidio and is for my Evo 3d. I wonder if it would fit in my epic 4g touch and what would the consequences be? Anyone?

ROM
    UnNamed v.2.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Soap4Me View Post
    I have a 4000 mah extended battery and the back from the Trexcell battery cover might fit it. The battery is by seidio and is for my Evo 3d. I wonder if it would fit in my epic 4g touch and what would the consequences be? Anyone?
    Couldn't tell you, sorry. I use the Trexcell 3800mah and the AceSoft 3920mah interchangeably, and they both work great. The Trexcell TPU case is tits, too, as it is actually a bit lower profile on the front than the white TPU case I had on before. Im still breaking in the batteries, but with my use I get about 4-5 days on a single charge. With my wall charger I bought from eBay, I never have to worry about plugging the phone in....I always have a spare battery full up and ready to swap. This phone is the best investment I've made in a long time. It's incredible. I actually can't wait to see what the GSIII is like .

Thank you Chris but I need sokmeone who might be able to tell me if that 4000 mah battery by seidio from evo 3d would work in my epic 4g touch. Anyone?

has anyone tried the tmobile made powerskin. the height is even closer to ours...idk about all the slots and what not though. I WILL GO BY TMOBILE to see the difference in phones. Powerskin still doesn't carry a case for our phones as per their website. If someone knows differently please advise. Thanks.

Default Re: I Found an Epic 4G Touch Extended Battery & Protective Case Combo

Or you can buy this 2520mAH slim battery that fits with the original back and use whatever case you want.

2520mAh Extended Slim Battery F Samsung Galaxy s II 2 Epic 4G Touch D710 Sprint | eBay

Default Re: I Found an Epic 4G Touch Extended Battery & Protective Case Combo

Have you purchased/used this battery? Product descriptions says talk time and standby time is comparable with original battery. If it's no better than the original, is it worth it? Is it really "extended life"

Quote Originally Posted by ttiger3 View Post
    Or you can buy this 2520mAH slim battery that fits with the original back and use whatever case you want.

2520mAh Extended Slim Battery F Samsung Galaxy s II 2 Epic 4G Touch D710 Sprint | eBay
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234