Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Default Where is the Voice Recorder Folder?

on my previous HTC phones the voice recorder file folder was in My Documents. Where is it on Samsung devices?

Default Re: Where is the Voice Recorder Folder?

When you make your first voice recording it probably creates a folder on your external SD card.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dollface54 View Post
    When you make your first voice recording it probably creates a folder on your external SD card.
    I made some recordings before I put in a SD card, but after that is no folder that has them

Applications/my files/sounds

Look under /sdcard/Sounds. (in Galaxy S2)
    Also you can check the location if you go to the voice recorder -- list of recordings -- long click on one of the recordings -- Details -- check the location.
    pipseer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RinatStern View Post
    Look under /sdcard/Sounds. (in Galaxy S2)
    Also you can check the location if you go to the voice recorder -- list of recordings -- long click on one of the recordings -- Details -- check the location.
    WOW, THANK YOU - I'VE BEEN LOOKING AND LOOKING FOR THIS. OMG! - I don't have an external SD card so I never thought to look at the folder named SDCard - what an ***** I've been!!!! God Bless you my CHILD!!

the voice recorder files for the GALAXY S4 are located in the database/files/ folder (vlc will work fine for playing the clips)

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Same question, so bumping this thread.

Got a new S7 Edge after my S3 got damaged. Had to pull all phone memory folders off the damaged phone due to smashed screen. Set up the S7 and can't find my voicenotes. I had 84(?) of them and I can't imagine they'd just disappear mysteriously, but I can't find them, even though my S7 is pretty empty of stuff (pre-bloat).

Any ideas?