How do I copy a music cd to phone?

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I know there are threads out there regarding this. But I don't want to use Itunes and I just want to transfer a cd to my phone. I tried Kies air and when I drag and drop the files to my music folder I just get a blank internet explorer screen. If I plug my phone into the computer, it fails to install drivers and doesn't recognize it. I have a CD that I just want to put the 8 tracks onto my phone. Is there a really simple way to do this. I am going to try to take out the card from my phone and drag and drop to it. I'll see if that works but wanted to ask in the meantime. Thanks,

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I get the same failed to install driver error too but I can still access the drives via "computer" in the start menu. There are a few ways to do this:

1. You can install google music on your phone and PC then you can sync that album. This gives you options to listen to album over wifi/3G or download to phone.

2. Install drop box on phone and PC which will also let you download that album.

3. Take out SD card and drag and drop.

Are you sure when you plug in the phone to PC that your selecting mass USB storage? This setting allows for you to see both the internal SD card and external SD card ( user inserted SD card). You also can try one song at a time through kies air to see if that works.

I personally use audiogalaxy. You can set folders to sync and it will stream your music over 3G. The only caveat is that your PC has to be on. But if I really want the music on my phone for the time being, I use dropbox to DL which songs I want to listen too.

Reactions: Murphy5111

Taz420NJ

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Are you just trying to drag the .CDA files off the CD right to the phone? If so, that's not going to work. You have to rip the CD in Windows Media Player (or any other ripping program), then copy them to the phone.

As far as the drivers go, what OS are you using, and is it 32 or 64 bit? The only time I've ever had an issue with Samsung drivers not automatically installing is with Vista 64.

Assuming you run a Windows variant, give this a shot, it should allow the phone to show up as removable drives (the lower letter [like F:] will be the internal drive, and the higher letter [G:] will be the SD card):

http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.c...342248/Sprint_d710_USB_Driver_v1_3_2360_0.exe

Reactions: Murphy5111

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys, I got it working. It wasn't letting me select mass usb storage but somehow I was able to get the computer to finally recognize it (I have windows 7 64 bit I believe). I ripped it into windows media and trasnferred and synched. Thanks so much for all your help.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
ok, one more noob question. I ripped the cd's to windows media player and the album art shows up on my computer. When I ran the synch and transferred to my phone, all the music transferred but I have generic goofy looking pictures instead of the album art. Amy ideas? Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12