Horrible wifi compared to EVO 3D

rediroc

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Won a 4G Touch through work and switched over from my 3D and the data speeds are faster but my wifi signal is total crap. I have to stand in completely different places in my back yard and or garage to get decent speeds. Anyone else having same issue??

mikephenix

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
The general consensus is although data speeds are faster when comparing the Evo 3D (which I had previously) to the Epic Touch, overall range appears to favor the Evo 3D. Wifi and 3G range appear to be a common complaint with Samsung Devices (Galaxy S II devices, Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus).

packpackpack

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I came from an EVO and I can tell you for certain, my phone's WIFI range and signal strength are far inferior on my GS2E4GT. Love the phone, but that has been a fact.

rediroc

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Part of me is considering a wipe and restore. The only hesitation has been the fact i was gonna lose my Angry Birds stuff but i found a free app that saved it all to my DropBox.com account and now that wont be a big issue. but i hat to do it if its all for nothing.

addiarmadar

May 13, 2010
Visit site
My HTC phones tent to register better wifi signal than my GS2 but pings and speed tests are the same. Wondering if the bug is the way the phone registers wifi signal.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
My HTC phones tent to register better wifi signal than my GS2 but pings and speed tests are the same. Wondering if the bug is the way the phone registers wifi signal.

Same here. Speeds and distance are about the same on my device.
When my EVO 3D dropped out at work in the front parking lot, the Epic Touch would drop out in about the same spot.
The big difference is looks. It looks like i have no signal or 1 bar of WiFi going by the top indicator, but on my EVO 3D its full bars, and i am 10 feet away from the router.
So my guess is its an indicator issue. The way the device processes the signal and convert that into a numeric variable for the bars.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87