Unlocking The Epic Touch 4G (Galaxy S2)
02-19-2015 10:02 AM
- Unlocking does not apply here at all.
Unlocking a device refers back to GSM devices that were locked to specific carriers due to subsidy locks. Once you unlocked it the device was available to work on any GSM carrier, as long as it had the right radios in it. ie 800, 900, 1.8 or 1.9.
CDMA devices are not locked. They are software specific to the carrier. The ESN is programmed into the carriers system and thats how they track it and bill you.
Now with that said, if a device on Sprint is blacklisted, either lost, stolen or past due account then the vast majority of times they will not release it.
Its good for WiFI, or parts, or you can root it, and flash it with a custom ROM that would work with Metro PCS. They would then add the ESN to their system and activate it.12-27-2011 10:34 AM
- Thing is I bought the phone from my other account lost my job so phone got shut off on my sprint account but now im able to open a new sprint account because the first one was an employee account from my job and is not under my name....so does anyone know how to get this phone to work on a new sprint account any backdoors they can help me with I just hate that I spent a lot of money on the phone and now it is worthless.12-27-2011 03:21 PM
- Is the account in a Past Due or or Collections status? WHat do you exactly mean by suspended?
If it is just closed with a Zero balance and the phone has not been reported lost/stolen you can move the phone to a new account no problem. You can even open the account with No contract.
You can also call Sprint to have them check the ESN on the phone to see if it is clean. If it is you are good to go.12-27-2011 03:43 PM
- You will need to clear the debt with the carrier before the phone can be reactivated. It's as simple as that. If you can't work out an immediate plan to resolve the matter I am sure the carrier will allow you to do some type of payment method to clear the debt and unlock the devices ESN for activation on another account.12-27-2011 06:29 PM
- Thats not going to work on several levels.
The first thing - its illegal to modify or change the ESN on these devices.
Second thing, you would then have to get Sprint to load the NEW Esn into their system, which they do not do.
Put it on Craigs List and be honest about it, Someone who wants to flash it to Metro will be more then happy to buy it.
OR since its working, theres a guy in another posting who broke his, needs a screen but cant find any parts suppliers.
I am sure you can work a deal out with him and recoup most of your money..
Being out 200 bucks sucks but being out 50 bucks sucks even less.12-29-2011 08:45 AM
- Hi all
My first time on this site-please be gentle with me....
Is it possible to unlock a Sprint Epic Touch 4G? I am locked in to a 2 year contract.
I would like to be able to take this phone to the UK ,Europe, and Canada and put in their local SIM cards
I have tried to get this phone unlocked, but as soon as they find out it is a 4G and from Sprint, I'm told it is impossible
Any help is greatly appreciated
Louis05-20-2012 12:16 AM
- You mention that there is a way to flash the Samsung Epic Touch by Sprint in order to use it on another carrier such as Metro PCS. Well I would like to know how to do that, as I have this phone, lost my job, could not pay off the the Sprint account, it is now in collections. However, I had to have a phone so I went with Metro PCS, and bought the Samsung Attain(UGH, like stepping back in time!!!). I did not think I could use my Samsung Epic, but just started today trying to find a way, as I LOVE that phone!!!! Can you direct me on how to Flash it, it is rooted, and has Superuser status enabled. Thank you for your help this will make a great combo Birthday gift and Christmas gift to myself!!!!!12-12-2012 02:47 PM
- Well i know the cure to those who have locked sprint and verizon phone. It's called Remote flash it com.They'll flash just about all smart phones.Unlocking is a term used with sim card based phone like Tmobile. Reprograming is all that CDMA phones require. Some call it flashing. You can go Boost or Straight talk. Doesn't matter if your phone is blacklisted or you have a balance remaining so try them out.03-05-2013 01:02 AM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Unlocking The Epic Touch 4G (Galaxy S2)
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD