Petition for Better Extended Battery Options!!

empire.downtown

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I love my Epic 4G Touch, and the battery is actually pretty good out of the box considering the massive screen. Nonetheless, the main accessory I am looking for is an extended battery that isn't HIDEOUS!

This is a petition to all you accessories manufacturers (and also to you Samsung if you would ever consider releasing an official extended battery) to design a better extended battery for the E4GT. All the options I have found so far are out of the question for several reasons...

1. They are mostly damn ugly. I totally understand that a fare mount of aesthetics will be lost but as a consumer I've got to draw the line somewhere.

2. Most don't include a soft shell case. Now, I'm not a product designer but it occurs to me that if one were to design an extended battery and a case to accommodate the bulk at the same time, the end result could be quite nice...

Anyway, drop a line if you're in the same boat.

studentdoctor

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
The seidio is quite nice and the texture of the battery cover allows for a better grip. Not sure how you can make it anesthetically pleasing though. It's gonna be fat regardless.

empire.downtown

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I guess what I'm really looking for is an extented battery + soft case combo. Where the case absorbs the bulk of the battery; possibly even leaving the hard cover right above the battery exposed.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
why not just get another replacement battery off Ebay? why make a sleek and sexy phone fatter with a thicker battery? youre not going to get that huge a difference from it to justify making the phone look bloated. I bought the Samsung charger and battery combo for I think $38 shipped and I never have my phone tethered to a charger anymore

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I love my Epic 4G Touch, and the battery is actually pretty good out of the box considering the massive screen. Nonetheless, the main accessory I am looking for is an extended battery that isn't HIDEOUS!

This is a petition to all you accessories manufacturers (and also to you Samsung if you would ever consider releasing an official extended battery) to design a better extended battery for the E4GT. All the options I have found so far are out of the question for several reasons...

1. They are mostly damn ugly. I totally understand that a fare mount of aesthetics will be lost but as a consumer I've got to draw the line somewhere.

2. Most don't include a soft shell case. Now, I'm not a product designer but it occurs to me that if one were to design an extended battery and a case to accommodate the bulk at the same time, the end result could be quite nice...

You're in luck! Check out the following item from Trexcell on Amazon: Amazon.com: Trexcell Samsung Epic Touch 4G SPH-D710 3800mah Extended Battery + Cover (Compatible ONLY with SPRINT Epic 4G Touch Phone): Cell Phones & Accessories

Trexcell saw this niche in the market and is actually manufacturing a TPU case that will work with their extended battery. It should be available in January. With a phone the size of the E4GT, a battery over 2000mah will be near impossible. I would love to see a 2500mah aftermarket battery for this phone, but it ain't gonna happen. Sure, the extended batteries add extra girth around the back, but having 3-4 days without charging is totally worth it to me. I read about this Trexcell in some tech magazine, and they had a pretty good review. I'm giving it a shot for only $20 - I ordered it on Saturday and said I would post a new thread with pictures and specs when I get it all dialed in.

Until I can order their custom TPU case, I will just use the TPU case I have now and cut an opening out the back for the battery cover. They hold tight enough as is I don't think cutting it should be an issue. As the zen master says.....

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
OMG! I hope that comes with a ringtone for "My Humps"

I'ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
Get you love drunk off my hump.
My hump, my lovely lady lump

I can't tell if you're mocking me or actually stoked to see someone making a legit TPU case for an extended E4GT battery. I laugh when people b!tch and complain about the phone being a bit thicker than stock......when Nokia's bar phones came out in 2002/2003, they were still thicker than the E4GT with an extended battery. I'm stoked for the Trexcell to come out, especially if they're making a nice custom-fit TPU case specifically for their product.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I can't tell if you're mocking me or actually stoked to see someone making a legit TPU case for an extended E4GT battery.

I'm not mocking you. I'd never do that unless someone really really deserved it. :)

Just making some humor. I'm all for options and if that solution works for someone then I'm all for it. I'd never do that to my phone though. The slim form factor was one of the reasons I bought it. Also, I have no problem with battery life on the stock battery with my typical usage pattern.

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

I almost forgot, don't forgot these options as well:
MUGEN POWER 3600mAh EXTENDED BATTERY SAMSUNG GALAXY S II EPIC TOUCH 4G ACCESSORY | eBay

SEIDIO SUPER EXTENDED LIFE BATTERY W/ DOOR FOR SAMSUNG EPIC TOUCH 4G D710 SPRINT (898334039519) | eBay

I would still like to see a 2300-2500mah battery that's stock size though. With TV's the thickness of cardboard, you'd think they could pack a whole bunch more mah's into that battery by now. I'll bet manufacturers are getting paid off somewhere down the line to not do so, though.

studentdoctor

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
That trexcell is really hideous in my opinion. I think the seidio's universally large back and the material its made of are superior to this look and quality. If course someone else definitely feels the opposite and finds the seidio hideous. Thanks for sharing the options.

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
i bought an extended battery for 10 bucks, and i dont ever use my ballistic case anymore. I am able to stick the phone in my pocket when not at work. And when i am at work i stick the phone in a canvas pouch, and that works great for me. I am using the phone for like 2 days under my normal usage: pandora , espn radio, browsing the internet, calss, evweything

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
i bought an extended battery for 10 bucks, and i dont ever use my ballistic case anymore. I am able to stick the phone in my pocket when not at work. And when i am at work i stick the phone in a canvas pouch, and that works great for me. I am using the phone for like 2 days under my normal usage: pandora , espn radio, browsing the internet, callseverything. I am afriad i will drop the phone. but thats why i pay the insurance. Got a couple hours of espn radio the other day and still had almost 6 hours of screen on time (4 of those hours where at full brightness. can u say wireless........

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech