Wireless turns off immediately

prognar

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I just received my Epic 4G touch and wireless worked on it for a while, but I'm running into a problem. When I turn on Wireless, the icon goes green for about 5-10 seconds, then grays out again. I've tried rebooting the phone several times, but to no avail.

In the wireless connections screen, when I turn on wireless, I see "Scanning" then it stops because wireless turned off again. I can't add my SSID manually, it says "Unable to add SSID"

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it something that can be fixed, or should I start whining to Sprint?

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I would not root if you have a new phone and it's doing that.

Take it into Sprint and have them figure it out.

Also, don't bring it into them in a rooted state, because they will tell you the warranty is voided!

But also check that you have not installed any app that has something to do with wifi.

Oh, just had a thought, check to see what your power saving options are set to!

If your battery is low (factory setting is set to saying battery is low at 50% something to high), it can shut down wifi if the option is set to do that with a low battery.

Rob

Rob sent this from his SPH-D710 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

prognar

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Rob,

How do I unroot the phone? I'm also a palm pre transplant that finally decided to give up my dreams for the pre 3 coming to sprint, so android is new to me.

The condition started I think around the time I installed the Amazon Appstore to get the free app a day, but they do not download unless on wifi (hence trying to fix the problem).

I'll check on power savings as well.

I would not root if you have a new phone and it's doing that.

Take it into Sprint and have them figure it out.

Also, don't bring it into them in a rooted state, because they will tell you the warranty is voided!

But also check that you have not installed any app that has something to do with wifi.

Oh, just had a thought, check to see what your power saving options are set to!

If your battery is low (factory setting is set to saying battery is low at 50% something to high), it can shut down wifi if the option is set to do that with a low battery.

Rob

Rob sent this from his SPH-D710 via Tapatalk

cajunlab

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I just received a new one with the same problem.
Booted up, did update then wifi won't stay on 2min without turning itself off.
It will work and connect for a min or two but then auto-off.
New phone Monday.
Must be a common problem...maybe related to the 2.3.6 update?
Or just a bad wifi radio?

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Rob,

How do I unroot the phone? I'm also a palm pre transplant that finally decided to give up my dreams for the pre 3 coming to sprint, so android is new to me.

The condition started I think around the time I installed the Amazon Appstore to get the free app a day, but they do not download unless on wifi (hence trying to fix the problem).

I'll check on power savings as well.

I used this video to help me ROOT my phone and within that version, there is an option to 'unroot' your phone.

How to Root the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch - Latest - YouTube

Also, you need to download the following file to do the root/unroot and other functions:

e4gtauto-sfx.exe

Download the above file, because you need it, the video uses a .zip version this is the same thing but an auto install version hence the .exe

That video is great! Just watch it and that guy has other videos that are very helpful.

I got all of this from a thread I've been reading and getting help from:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/epic-4g-touch-rooting-roms-hacks/145430-how-root-flash.html

Rob

oversteer325

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Go to the wifi settings menu and press the option button to get advanced settings. Make sure wifi sleep policy is set to "never".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad